Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ciao

Options
  • 25-06-2008 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭

I've always tried to play devils avocate on this site. Try to paint a different side of the story. I feel this site is still very much a "jump on the band wagon site" where people latch on to the first good reply that is made.

Now don't get me wrong a lot of what's posted (excluding the last 2 months) in the HH sections have been excellent, well constructed advice. I've just tried to come into threads like these to try and make you think for yourself instead of taking the advice at face value, but not really understanding why.... I feel this probably was a big fail due to people always giving me a hard time (to be fair, a lot of which was down to my posting style, but a lot of it was unjust also)

I've brought some negative attention on myself with post such as the "nickyod smells", "genius calls with A high", "irish on wsop final table" "is it a 500STT, no it's a .1STT" to name a few. These along with most other threads were always meant as light hearted entertainment - this i acheived and you can tell this from the amount of people who read the threads (always the highest read thread on that page). They were also meant as entertainment for myself as I like to argue. The way i posted in these threads were designed to be controversial, but not in a malicious way, but more for entertainment purpose. Posters on this forum that know me outside of my posts could confirm this if asked, as could at least 2 of the mods.

Despite what i've posted saying otherwise, I've learned an awful lot from some of the posters on this site, and actually the advice offered to me by IanMc (through threads on boards) has had the most influence in my game. That's not to say i haven't received excellent advice from others. You can nearly guarantee that if i've had an open arguement (back and forth) with you that I either really like your advice or I really respect you. If I see someone posts something stupid on this site that i don't agree with I will just ignore them most of the time.

So to call an end to my time on boards, while i'll be lurking I won't be posting anymore. Thanks to mods and to all those who have taking genuine time to reply to any HH or advice when i've been looking for it. I've also met some great people and think boards is still a good source of information. To all those i've ever offended I'd like to offer an apology (unless of course you deserved it)

Ciao

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

The doors always open, feel free to come back at any time....

or maybe what would be more appropriate would be:

They always come back!!! :D (ask Yuletired about the bet we had earlier this year ;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

There was nothing light hearted or "entertaining" in you asking should you wish good luck to John OShea despite the fact you don't like him, it just made you out to be an arsehole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭bops

gl

• Registered Users Posts: 37,982 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Rb wrote: »
    There was nothing light hearted or "entertaining" in you asking should you wish good luck to John OShea despite the fact you don't like him, it just made you out to be an arsehole.

I would think that this applies to the dagunman from reading his post after exiting that tournament.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I would think that this applies to the dagunman from reading his post after exiting that tournament.
    Can't really blame him though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Ricky, why start a thread about you stopping posting?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

It's the way it goes. The ones that start these threads never really leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭HIVeindhoven

Because he's an attention starved drama queen. Goodbye and good riddance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

im pretty sure this thread is a level.

he started it just to add a bit of banter to the forum and it is really a precursor to an increased number of posts by choppy. reverse level etc and stuf.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

Ste05 wrote: »
    The doors always open, feel free to come back at any time....

or maybe what would be more appropriate would be:

They always come back!!! :D (ask Yuletired about the bet we had earlier this year ;))

not fair Steo I'm working on some private rantings at the moments stop dragging me away to defend myself......my bet has still not been donated yet.

Chopper, there is no escape when you are a shinning light on boards.ie
    There is no escape..it should be called BORG.IE

They bombarded my email daily with classics like this.....it made my cry with sentiment...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfFNuNm_cfc

btw Johnnie Taylor is great make out music young chimps........me old Da's collection came in handy....got rest him...

YULETIRED wrote: »
    not fair Steo I'm working on some private rantings at the moments stop dragging me away to defend myself......my bet has still not been donated yet.

Chopper, there is no escape when you are a shinning light on boards.ie
    There is no escape..it should be called BORG.IE

They bombarded my email daily with classics like this.....it made my cry with sentiment...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfFNuNm_cfc

btw Johnnie Taylor is great make out music young chimps........me old Da's collection came in handy....got rest him...

Great sig.:D Well it was when I read it first time anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

LOL, messin with ya.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

We'll miss you Stavros :pac:

See you around Ricky

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

that A high call thread was epic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Hawk Eye

thats one great sig you have there yuletired, you really do have one creative mind..

EDIT just saw the WA, attributed to Woody Allen perhaps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Jebubs

The ironing is delish. Wishing a pregnant women losing her baby FTW. Bigger soap box need moi thinks.

Jebubs wrote: »
    The ironing is delish. Wishing a pregnant women losing her baby FTW. Bigger soap box need moi thinks.
    Wow, out of the woodwork after 4 months to tell me off, eh? Bit sad tbh.

Oh and the difference is I didn't later claim it was a joke. You could probably do with undertaking a little more thought before having a go, that is of course if your brain is capable of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Santiago Garcia

Wow, out of the woodwork after 4 months to tell me off, eh? Bit sad tbh.

Oh and the difference is I didn't later claim it was a joke. You could probably do with undertaking a little more thought before having a go, that is of course if your brain is capable of it.

:( I thought you were joking when you posted that original post about wishing someone lost her baby. It was not a joke? You wished that upon someone?

• Advertisement

:( I thought you were joking when you posted that original post about wishing someone lost her baby. It was not a joke? You wished that upon someone?
    You need to read up about what the thunderdome is about imo.

Also, stop dragging this off topic. It was put to bed months ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Simplicity

You need to read up about what the thunderdome is about imo.

Also, stop dragging this off topic. It was put to bed months ago.

wtf are you lot on about?

notes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

Brad Pitt is starring in a new film about a guy who is born really old and gets younger as the years go by, it's called The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Maybe they got the idea from Yuletired's sig?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭mormank

im not sure but i think this could be my favourite ever post!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭mormank

Mr.Plough wrote: »
    that A high call thread was epic

link plz

Now he doesn't have the choice of coming back lol.

How did that happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

pwned.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement