Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Price of Houses in Louth

Options
  • 25-06-2008 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi
    Im a first time buyer thinking of buying in Co.Louth (Dundalk, Dromiskin or Dunleer). I am unsure of what bid to place on a 3 bed semi in this area. If anyone has any ideas?

The asking prices have dropped in the area from €290,000 last year to €240,000 currently. Possibly someone may have bought or sold recently and would have knowledge of the actual prices houses are achieving currently?

Any information would be much appreciated :)[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

I'm not familiar with the market in dundalk, but am familiar with drogheda, i would guess prices will fall back to what they were in 2003 levels over the next 2 years... 3 bed semi in dundalk should probably be around €160K max. So as you've noted prices have fallen 50K in one year, so if they fell another 70K i'd say you'd be getting into the ball park....

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

pmcb_aura wrote: »
    Hi
    Im a first time buyer thinking of buying in Co.Louth (Dundalk, Dromiskin or Dunleer). I am unsure of what bid to place on a 3 bed semi in this area. If anyone has any ideas?

The asking prices have dropped in the area from €290,000 last year to €240,000 currently. Possibly someone may have bought or sold recently and would have knowledge of the actual prices houses are achieving currently?

Any information would be much appreciated :)[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

I would be bidding lower than €200,000 and take it from there. In this current climate (and the fact that you are looking at 20% fall over next two years at least) I would be looking as low as possible and if they dont entertain you, more fool them

Advertisement