Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Gas is Propane?

Options
  • 25-06-2008 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭

Green gas is not like propane. It is propane.
    Green gas is not R22, or Co2, or "CH2FCF3CH3" (as seen on some bottles). It is merely run-of-the-mill propane, with a different scent added.

Interesting stuff, what do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I think there was a thread on gas around here somewhere, personally i only use Green gas, purely for the added lubricant (Lets be honest, GBB maintinance aint fun)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭FingalAirsoft

Yeah the maintenance is not fun... but they have that sussed aswell:)

"Maintaining your GBB with AI silicone oil is easy: drip 2 drops into a propane tank valve before inserting the adaptor probe. When you charge your mag, line up the tip carefully to acheive a good seal and press firmly and silicone oil will be injected into your magazine. 2 drops every 8 mag fills provides sufficient maintenance for your GBB. More frequent oiling can result in overoiling (drippy gun syndrome)."

Has anybody tried using this?
    What was the outcome?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

I have Propane, and an adaptor and have used it in the past but with green gas being quite cheap and readily available I prefer to use that. And it smells nicer as well! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

Haven't experianced overoiling but I've been running my KJW P226 for over a year now with Propane and the 2 drips of oil method and I've never had a single problem with it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

I thought everyone knew green was propane? if you vent enough of it you can actually smell the the propane off of it after they filtered it.,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

vtec wrote: »
    I thought everyone knew green was propane? if you vent enough of it you can actually smell the the propane off of it after they filtered it.,

Didnt you filter it and all and it was identical to green gas, it is just propane without the smell and atomised lubricant added.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I dont bother with the AI oil, mine is one of the originals and didn;t come with some. I just use the "3 in 1", spray a little in the well at the top of the mag and the gas does the rest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Motosam wrote: »
    Didnt you filter it and all and it was identical to green gas, it is just propane without the smell and atomised lubricant added.

yeah the smell thats added to propane is soluable in water., very easy to filter but after giving it a go its more work than its worth, the smell of propane doesnt really bother me anyway., :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

vtec wrote: »
    yeah the smell thats added to propane is soluable in water., very easy to filter but after giving it a go its more work than its worth, the smell of propane doesnt really bother me anyway., :D

Its the smell of victory!

Or the bitter stench of defeat.

Personally, I've come to associate that smell with fun so no worries :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

i too thought it was widely known that it was the same thing? there is threads all over the net about it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭FingalAirsoft

i too thought it was widely known that it was the same thing? there is threads all over the net about it?

Of course there is loads of threads about it, but there is also loads of newbies coming into the sport that don't know about it!
    But I have to admit I never bothered to look it up:o:o, so lesson learned.

Bren

Advertisement