Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

please help me pick out a laptop with this spec

Options
  • 25-06-2008 10:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭

ive been on hp,dell,toshiba and laptopsdirect and seen some good systems but i cant decide. i was thinking of a vostro or inspiron 1525 previously cos budget was 500euros or so but ive decided to splash a bit extra so want a machine that has the following

must have
    core 2 duo
    17in widescreen
    either vista or xp
    2gb ram minimum
    100+ hard drive
    dvd rewriter
    webcam
    dedicated graphics card
    card reader

not absolutely necessary
    bluetooth / 3g ( what are the advantages of these? )
    tv tuner

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Bluetooth allows you to connect to devices wirelessy (is that even a word??) e.g. mobile phone, pda, headsets. These devices would need to have bluetooth as well.

3g is a type of mobile broadband. You have to get a subcription from o2,3 or vodafone for it to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭maradona10

thanks almighty, no need fro 3g so. bluetooth might be handy. do you know what laptop would be suitable for that spec. ive been looking at toshibas business laptops and hps along with dells. are dells new models coming out soon. if they are it might mean getting a better deal on the vostros that are out at the mo.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

There's nothing there that stands out as hard to get on a new laptop (unless you just want xp then dell would be your best bet) for cheap enough. I don't think dell offer deals on their older models when the newer ones come out, they just stop selling them.

Advertisement