Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2008 Premiership Round 14

Options
  • 25-06-2008 8:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭

Friday Jun 27
    Hawthorn v West Coast @ MCG, 7.40pm (10.40GMT)

Saturday Jun 28
    Richmond v Carlton @ MCG, 2.10pm (05.10GMT)
    North Melbourne v St Kilda at Gold Coast, 7.10pm (10.10GMT) Setanta Sports 2 10.00AM
    Western Bulldogs v Port Adelaide at TIO (Darwin), 7.10pm (10.10GMT)

Sunday Jun 29
    Melbourne v Brisbane @ MCG, 1.10pm (04.10GMT)
    Fremantle v Essendon @ Subiaco, 2.40pm (07.40GMT) Setanta Sports 2 07.00AM

Friday Jul 4
    Adelaide v Geelong @ AAMI Stadium, 7.40pm (10.40GMT)

Saturday Jul 5
    Sydney v Collingwood @ ANZ Stadium, 7.10pm (10.10GMT) Setanta Sports 2 10.00AM

highlights Monday evening Jun 30 and Jul 7, 6.30pm on Setanta 2; also TG4 wednesday night at 11pm. Europsort UK usually have games too.

Hawthorn v West Coast : Hawks
    Richmond v Carlton : Blues
    North Melbourne v St Kilda : Roos
    Western Bulldogs v Port Adelaide : Dogs
    Melbourne v Brisbane : Lions
    Fremantle v Essendon : Bombers
    Adelaide v Geelong : Cats
    Sydney v Collingwood : Swans

Back from hols and missed the last couple of weekends, so catching up on games and highlights on the sky box. Carlton had a right good win over collingwood, whose consitency has been terrible this year. Hawks had a bad loss to the roos, who also have some consitency problems. Its very competetive around the middle tier now again, but I still think the current top 8 will be that at the end of the season.

This week, Hawks will have too much for the still struggling Eagles. Carlton/Richmond could be a good tight game, but the Blues are showing enough form to win that. Roos/Saints should be another tight one, I'm tipping the roos to keep up their good form. Bulldogs should have enough to beat Power, as with the Lions over Melbourne. Freo are bad, so the bombers are the better of 2 bad teams. Geelong and the Crows should be another good tester of a game, as with Sydney against Collingwood, depending on which Pies side turns up, the one who trashed Geelong, or the one who faltered badly to Carlton. Some really evenly matched ties this week (and next week) apart form the opening game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭telecaster

why is this round played over 2 weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

It's meant to be kind of a midseason break. Very ghey if you ask me.

Richmond v Carlton : Tigers

Tigers to beat the Blues for me. Judd may not play and Richo has his troops fired up lately.

The rest pick themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

hanton12 wrote: »

I agree with this.
    For the hard ones to call are Tigers v Blues, and Dockers v Bombers.
    Going with Blues, as I support them! And Bombers, as the dockers are terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Traq

Fremantle v Essendon : Dockers

Almost the same as the others for me, but I expect the Dockers to beat the Bombers, just because it's over in Perth. Both teams are pretty poor but I reckon home advantage should see them through.

I'm very much torn on the Tigers v Blues game, especially as Judd won't be playing, but I'm going to go with my heart on this one and tip the Blues.

Another loss as expected for the Eagles tonight. Roughead was on fire for the Hawks and kicked 6.

On a positive note, Priddis had 45 possessions for us! :eek:

EDIT: And Kerr had 40. Crazy stuff.

Apparently the possessions total for the game is the 2nd highest in AFL history.

• Advertisement

Only caught the first half, but Roughhead was brilliant.

Kerr got a lot of ball in the first half but couldn't do much with it. The Eagles seemed to insist of playing handballs the whole way up the pitch for some reason, instead of kicking it. Looked more like rugby at times!

A predicatably tight game between the tigers and the blues. Tiger a point up going into the last quarter.

Come on Fev!

The Blues kick 5 unanswered goals half way through the middle of the last quarter to pull 30 points clear. Final score 118-88.

Bollox to that anyway

Some massive shocks already this round with the Saints doing the Roos and unbelievably Melbourne beating the Lions by a point.

• Advertisement
Advertisement