Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much spending money for 3 wks in Gaeltacht??

Options
  • 24-06-2008 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi
    Looking for some help here, new to forum, so bear with me, hope I don't upset anybody.
    How much spending money should I have for 3 weeks in Gaeltacht?
    Do I take it in cash, don't think there are ATM's in Annagry, (Co.Donegal)?
    Any help,suggestions,advice,etc would be appreciated.
    Thanks xx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

i was in the galway gaeltacht and we went to the shop everyday as part of lunch break. You might buy sweets food water and a newspaper so we'll say you spend 8 euro in the shop a day, thats being generous. Then there was a once off shop that came selling hoodies and t.shirts and other stuff so you could spend 40 euro there. We went to the aran islands for a day too so there was ten euro for the boat and more spending money there. You do the math! :) even if you bring too little your parent can post it or something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭-Els-

Are you going to Colaiste Na Rosann?? Its in Anagary, I was there in 2005 when I was in 1st year, its really really good.
    Emm, now I'm almost positive there's no ATM in Anagary, so I would just bring Cash. I'm actually just backf rom the Gaeltacht myself and I would recommend you bring about E200. That would just leave you with about E50 a week which is much more than you need! And then another 50 in case you have to go to the doctor or something...
    If you bring it in cash your Bean an Ti will normally mind all your money for you and keep it safe, so you cna just go to her and take it out like E20 at a time- thats probably the best thing to do as its harder to splurge it all.
    Colaiste na Rosann is really good because you are right in the middle of Anagary which has a little shop, a big (about the size of a EuroSpar) shope called the cope and best of all... a chipper! Seriously- loved that chipper in my 3 weeks there! Also in Colaiste na Rosann they bring you into Dungloe 2/3 times where you can go shopping, but there really isn't anything in Dungloe that you'd spend loads of money on! Although- just an afterthought there is an ATM in Dungloe so if you wanted to bring your card and then if you were stuck...
    Do you know what teach you're staying in yet???

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Tripzy

Still at the Irish College, staying in Teach Brid - she's really nice & a very good cook!! hehehehe (sorry Mum!)
    Found an in-store ATM machine so no worry about running short but like u said not much to spend cash on!
    Agree too the Chipper is good, esp after a v.busy day - classes in morning, competitions etc in afternoon & ceili/disco at night.
    Thanks for all the help, tips etc
    Slan go foill.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

2bh i wouldnt bring much cos its mostly spent on sweets in the shop lol, bring about €150-€200, plus a bit extra if your college plans trips to the nearest city etc!

Its the time of your life, enjoy!

Advertisement