Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help in buying a "lappy"

Options
  • 24-06-2008 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

Hi all,

So, after doing some overtime and extra work over the last 3 weeks I have myself a budget of €700 about (dont even know if thats enuff).

Sorry, I dont kow the technical jargon for what I want so here goes the alternative...

I take a lot of photographs, of a fairly large size - about 9megapixels or there abouts - so need something that can deal with them. Does that mean I need as high a memory or as high a ram as i can afford. I'm also getting mixed up about the different types of stuff, eg, duo processor and the like so which is best...

I will also be surfing the web quite a lot so wifi would be handy and uploading photos onto pix.ie so dont know what i would need to get a decent transfer rate (excluding the internet connection that is) if there is anything I can do.

Finally, would you recommend any brands, eg Acer, Dell, Sony (prob out of price range), Toshiba (I like the shineness of the Toshiba in my local shop). I have no qualms about buying on line rather than my own shop but have heard that "Pete's" in dublin is good.

Thanks in advance for all the help

J

Advertisement