Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennis/ Wimbledon

Options
  • 24-06-2008 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭

Hi guys anyone following the tennis. I've S. Williams backed at 3/1 Ladbrokes and 4/6 win her quarter with BETFAIR.

Federer should capture 6 in a row, crazy!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Shurwhynot

tennis is a pretty easy way to make a few quid if ya look at it. if you lump on the favourites then you will rarely lose. even if u back the likes of nadal and federer to win the next set you will see your bet account increase a nice bit.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I am thinking of laying Federer at about the semi-final stage provided Nadal is still around. I think Nadal will win it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭63587614

Tough call Keano, I was watching the betting on betfair last night for Murry v Santarro.

Crazy stuff, lads were lumping on at 1/18 on only to see Santarro win few games in 2nd set and see Murray reduced to 1/8.

Some serious difference in profit margins there.

Lads laying odds is best invention ever, but you need to be a keen gambler and good at no.s or you're screwed.

Laying Federer could be risky business. considering the liabilty, price you pay out at.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Take your point on board but he is trading for the lay at 1.74.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Sharapova playing sh*te, lost the first set. Just won the first game in the second set :)

<3

• Advertisement

Sharapova and Roddick out. Looking that bit easier for Serena. She's up today v Mauresmo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

63587614 wrote: »
    Looking that bit easier for Serena. She's up today v Mauresmo.
    That match should be part of the men's draw.

Radwanska - Azarenka final for the win!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Crumbs wrote: »
    That match should be part of the men's draw.

Brilliant.

Any chance of bringing back some form of the Crumbs System to make us some money at Wimbledon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

The System is dead my friend. Let it rest in peace. :)

But Crumbs will be backing Wozniacki to upset Jankovic tomorrow at 3/1 and Azarenka to beat Petrova at 8/11.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

My money is on safin - he's in good form and e/w at 33/1 seems good imo

• Advertisement

Boys what about Gasquet to bt Murray at evens

• Registered Users Posts: 14,482 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

No..Dont bet against Murray

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

callaway92 wrote: »
    No..Dont bet against Murray

How right you were...

Lads very lucky last night, flew home after work to put on my bet on Gasquet but luckily my winninings for S Williams to wint her quarter had not come though as she has to bt the young Pole Agnieszka Radwanska.

Even tried to deposit more money but again very fortunate to have a cap on the amounts I can deposit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Ace2007 wrote: »
    My money is on safin - he's in good form and e/w at 33/1 seems good imo

did the same, put a fiver e/w at 100/1. only federer in his way though:D

Looks like Nadal is going to take the title. Federer is struggling.

So much for being no matches held up due to rain on centre court!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Fair play to Nadal :) Also to Federer after losing the first 2 sets!

I am thinking of laying Federer at about the semi-final stage provided Nadal is still around. I think Nadal will win it out.
    Did I do this bet? No. Of course I had no b@lls to back against Federer.

Advertisement