Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options after a crown

Options
  • 24-06-2008 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

I have a crown on one of my upper molars and the root is cracked ... this makes the tooth a bit loose feeling and I daren't chew on that side.
    I know it's a cracked root cos it happened last year and the dentist removed the crown and did a temporary repair job on the root - said it might hold for a week or it might last 10 years. Now it seems to have broken again.
    What does anyone think my options are now? Is it a bridge? Do the old roots have to be pulled for this? If so, what happens to the hole where the roots used to be? And what is the timeframe for a procedure like this ... does it require several dentist visits?
    I'm not too squeamish about the dentists, just so long as I can prepare myself for what's in store. I am seeing him next week.
    I'd really appreciate feedback from anyone in the know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭abbey2000

i really think you need to have a good chat with your dentist about this, he will explain all of the options available to you, and the timeframes and costs involved. you want to make sure you get a good job done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭nevey

Of course, I will do that. I was just trying to get some information to prepare myself and have some questions about my options ready.
    I will be seeing him next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭Bards

An implant is a possibility, depends on the Bone Density

Advertisement