Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

15 Sellers to every Buyer...

Options
  • 24-06-2008 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

The ratio of properties on the market to buyers has doubled to 15-to-one in a year, forcing homeowners to slash prices.

Only one in every 15 properties on the market were sold last month, according to figures published today (Mon). The oversupply has forced owners to slash nearly £3,000 off the average house price in the last five weeks.

The average home is now valued at £239,564, a fall of 1.2 per cent. The drop is the first ever recorded fall in house prices in June, which is traditional seen as peak season for

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2174990/Credit-crunch-15-sellers-to-every-buyer.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭beeno67

jetski wrote: »
    The ratio of properties on the market to buyers has doubled to 15-to-one in a year, forcing homeowners to slash prices.

Only one in every 15 properties on the market were sold last month, according to figures published today (Mon). The oversupply has forced owners to slash nearly £3,000 off the average house price in the last five weeks.

The average home is now valued at £239,564, a fall of 1.2 per cent. The drop is the first ever recorded fall in house prices in June, which is traditional seen as peak season for

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2174990/Credit-crunch-15-sellers-to-every-buyer.html

You should clarify by saying this is in UK not Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jetski

its just struck me as obvious :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭beeno67

jetski wrote: »
    its just struck me as obvious :pac:
    But why post it on an Irish site. It just seemed pointless. How is the South American property market?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭DishonestPikey

beeno67 wrote: »
    But why post it on an Irish site. It just seemed pointless. How is the South American property market?

You can get a small jungle for the price of a 1 bed in clonee.

beeno67 wrote: »

That strikes me as obvious too :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭simon333

"How is the South American property market" strikes you as obvious? :confused:

I agree with beeno67.

im afraid the uk property market is hugley more relevant to the irish one than is South American...

Thats strikes me as "obvious too" :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭simon333

Ok. But why do you say that? There's factors like both being in the EU. But what's the huge link?

Advertisement