Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need help buying htc touch diamond in usa

Options
  • 24-06-2008 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,

Soon I will travel to USA - Boston.
    I have seen HTC Touch Diamond smartphone/pda and want to buy one.
    I hope to buy while there as I imagine ill get it cheaper.

Can anyone give me advice on where to buy it?
    I am visiting friend in Boston so I can buy online and get it shipped there.
    I want to make sure it works ok here and if possible covered under warrenty.
    Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ac123

anyone? please?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭GUIGuy

I'd advise against. The phone is new so there is an early adopter tax in the price at the moment - phones normally drop by about 25% after 3-4 months. Also the phone is not generally on sale in the US... it's a Eurasian market phone only that doesn't have the US bands. So anyone stocking it in the US will be a reimporter... they'll just buy it from Europe/Asia & put a markup on for any Americans desparate to have the phone.

If you were going to Asia I'd give different advise... but US? Just wait for a while.

thanks for the advice
    something i dont understand though...
    >>it's a Eurasian market phone only that doesn't have the US bands. So anyone >>stocking it in the US will be a reimporter.
    I'm presuming when you say it doesnt have US bands that it doesnt work in the US, so why is it on sale there?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭GUIGuy

That's the whole point... it's not officially on sale there, and the 3G won't work there... only 2G. So any stores that are selling it are buying it in Europe/Asia first and then reselling. So they are unapproved grey market sales. They are selling it coz there are some people desparate to get one even if it doesn't fully work in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Sarn

I second GUIGuy the American versions are just imports from Europe or Asia.

I was considering getting this but there seems to be quite a few problems with them. Apparently the updated firmware hasn't done much for the lag (although people say it's fairly fast for a WM 6.1 phone).

• Advertisement

thanks guys

guiguy , what u say makes sense because they really arn't much cheaper in USA than Europe. I expected a huge difference having bought electronics before in the US but this not so. Cheapest I see in USA in about 400e and u can buy in europe for less than 500

Sarn reviews ive read are mostly positive although some people do complain a bit about performance. Think ill get one though, in Europe.

Advertisement