Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JG G36K on gunner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

Gatling wrote: »
    just been released is jg's G36K again like the aug a3 they went half way down the road ,

not impressed by it but being there so bullet proof you cant say no,

http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1080&osCsid=ca49fd83bba8644ef9b6e7f8ee65fe92

Christ its only half a g36k!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Actually, I can see this being very popular. The only actual difference between a "c" and a "k" in RS or airsoft is the barrel and foregrip length. In RS, the rail/optic handle is a choice.
    People like the G36k for it's size, it's pretty close to an M4 or AK in shouldering length. The main thing that put people off getting one and went for a "c" instead of a "k" was the fact that it only came with that optics carry handle (which was pants no matter what brand you got it from) which meant you would have to buy a new rail for optics afterwards yourself, and thats when you could get them. At one stage those rails were rarer than rocking horse dung. I've seen people buy JG G36c's just to get the rail and gearbox from them.

I think JG have their head screwed on there. People like to customize their aeg's and optics are the first thing people look at. Rather than follow suit with the high-end CA (the old ones were high end, not the new ones), Star, TM etc G36 series, JG have decided to steer clear of the crap optics everyone seems to put into the carry handle and give the airsofters of the world what they want: a c-type rail to choose your own.

I'm looking forward to seeing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

I don;t think we can credit them with that smart thinking, all they did was put a cheap hand guard on there g36c body it even from the pictures has the g36c stock still.

True, but in fairness, I'd rather have seen them do that than make a shoddy attempt at optics and bundle that in. It would have rendered the "k" just as attractive as all the high end versions, ie "yeah its nice, but I want my own scope so I'll get the c"

I have an old CA G36k (from when they still did good ones), and the optics are awful. As are the Star ones I've used, and I've heard woeful things about the TM's too. If it was on purpose then fair play to them, they've been listening to the market. If it wasn't and they did it for easy production/lazy design, I really don't mind. Fact is, it's the only G36k out there that can have user-chose optics bolted on without spending a bomb on a rail.
    While it may not please the purusits, it'll please the lads who want something different to an M4 and are on a budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

Puding wrote: »
    I don;t think we can credit them with that smart thinking, all they did was put a cheap hand guard on there g36c body it even from the pictures has the g36c stock still.

Exactly what I thought when I heard it was due for release. If it had of had the dual optic grip I probably would have gotten one myself. But since this is just their G36C with the K conversion kit they released a year ago I think the whole things a bit pointless and cheesy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

You know, I could have sworn I saw a extention kit for a JG G36c on RSOV, same thing as this but cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

Have to admit, I'm not liking it.
    I'd rather stick to a G36C and an aftermarket 'K' extension. It's a little shorter, but does the business, and it's 'C' series good in CQB.
    Also, in about 5sec, I have a different looking AEG.

You know Alvin T, I could have sworn I just said that! freaky or not..

iceage wrote: »
    You know Alvin T, I could have sworn I just said that! freaky or not..
    No. Not Freaky.
    Practical ;)
    BTW, I got my K extension curtsy of a dead star G36K for nothing, from a team mate.

or we could say great minds think alike, but you know this lot would retort fools seldom differ!

• Advertisement

iceage wrote: »
    or we could say great minds think alike, but you know this lot would retort fools seldom differ!
    Only from those who think that 2 holes as compared to 4 holes in a handguard actually keeps them up at night........

Only from those who think that 2 holes as compared to 4 holes in a handguard actually keeps them up at night........

Yeah, freaky that....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

http://www.rsov.com/images/product_images/gun_0293.jpg

Now on rsov, see the above image, is the foam cut in such a way as to accommodate a carry handle with the integrated optic?

Maybe its on the way.

I can see where you're coming from there, it does look a little tall. I doubt there's a carry handle one on the way though. I'd say JG will stray away from trying to include optics when even the high end companies have made a hash of the optics on that unit.
    That said, JG did a half decent job on the Styer optics so who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I don't know g36 from g36c stocks, but is that a "c" stock on it still, and no foam cut for a larger one.

Oh well, it is JG after all.

Advertisement