Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop repair needed on battery charger connection

Options
  • 24-06-2008 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

anyone know of anywhere in Dublin that fixes battery charger connections?
    Its a HP dv6000, might need a new charger also..

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,917 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

ciaranmul wrote: »
    anyone know of anywhere in Dublin that fixes battery charger connections?
    Its a HP dv6000, might need a new charger also..

cheers

The vast majority of the HP Pavillion Series is a victim of Manufacturer negligence sadly. This is covered in detail here:http://www.hpnotebookclassaction.com/ your testimony if relevant may aide the Class Action Lawsuit effort. HP as far as I know is being proactive about the situation and is offering to extend your warranty if you are being hurt by this - oddly enough mine is one of the few immune: its a special edition with a nvidia motherboard..

edit: yeah I thought I saw this somewhere - this is the HP Support page on the issue: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01087277&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=1842155&lang=en

If you're talking about the connection where the charger jacks in to the laptop - that is definitely one of the issues covered by this, so you are eligible for free repairs and a warranty extension.
    After HP repairs your notebook, you will continue to be covered by the HP Limited Warranty Service Enhancement program for 24 months after the start of your original standard limited warranty, or 90 days after receiving your free repair, whichever is later.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭ciaranmul

exccellent thanks a million

Advertisement