Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet Headstones

Options
  • 24-06-2008 9:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

My friends pet recently passed away and i would really like to get a small headstone for her.

I've been googling for 30 mins but all the places that inscribe pet names seem to be in the USA and shipping will take too long.

Can anyone direct me to places in Dublin city/area which can provide a headstone + inscribe the dogs name/dates into it?

(I drive so anywhere near by is fine too)

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭brianmc

theTinker wrote: »
    My friends pet recently passed away and i would really like to get a small headstone for her.

I've been googling for 30 mins but all the places that inscribe pet names seem to be in the USA and shipping will take too long.

Can anyone direct me to places in Dublin city/area which can provide a headstone + inscribe the dogs name/dates into it?

(I drive so anywhere near by is fine too)

Thanks for your help.

I'm pretty sure that some of these guys might do it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭theTinker

brianmc wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that some of these guys might do it for you.

Ye, I thought of asking a people funeral home for one but I didn't know if that would be really insulting to them or not. I asked some people in work about a baby's headstone for the pet and got some very odd looks, so didn't want to push it further.

I figured there might be pet funeral places, or pet stores that sell them? I tried Wackers super store but no luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

www.petcrematoriumireland.com might be able to help you out..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭theTinker

I rang some of the headstone places in the GP post.
    2 no answers after an hour, 2 refused to do such a 'small' job, 1 quoted 250 euro for a 12*9 plaque, another put me in contact with a nice chap who cuts the stones himself. A 8-9*6 black granite for 70euro with the dogs name. I told him to make it up for me. When i collect it next week and if it seems good, then i'll post his number up here with his permission.

if anyone wants it in the mean time, PM me.

Thanks for all the help

Advertisement