Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

outlook emails - can I get them back?

Options
  • 24-06-2008 1:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭

I was using outlook to view/store emails from my eircom.net account. OF died and I had to use my recovery disk which in turn deleted all e mails that I had. Some were damn important? Anyone know of a way to get them back? Does eircom save them? None are showing when I log into account on line.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭pdevo

try a program called recover my files it can search for files that have been deleted. i used it to recover pic's from a hdd that was formated and it checks for emails.
    http://www.recovermyfiles.com/data-recovery-software-download.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

they should still be on you eircom account , can you access the account from you web browser? They should still be there unless you had outlook set to delete the messages from the server

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Im pretty sure Outlook would have been POPing the emails which means the older ones would not be on the Server unless "Leave a Copy on the Server" was ticked (its not by default).

Depending on your version of Outlook & what way your profile is setup the file you are looking to recover is most lightly a .pst file.
    It would be in either of these locations
    C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook (our Office\Outlook)
    Or
    C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

The PST file will have your Contacts\Emails etc. If you did not format the drive then the files should still be there. If you did format the drive then you need to file a recovery tool and point at either of the above directories.

It is worth checking Eircom online email just incase you got luck and left Copies on the Server. If not i dont see Eircom being too helpfull in recovering them to be honest.

Advertisement