Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photoshop CS3 reboots PC when under load

Options
  • 24-06-2008 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

Had a problem with photoshop rebooting the pc when i asked for it to do things that must cpu/gpu intensive, such as opening a pdf in PS3.

I've reinstalled windows because i thaught it might be the culprit, old install running ver slow. But it isnt.

So far i've windows xp sp2 installed, all the drivers i require, firefox and PS3, so it's a pretty clean install and still it just reboots the pc no warning when i try open a pdf. Same thing happens with some other functions within PS, i'm not sure what but it has happened.

I've no idea what the problem might be :confused: pc spec is as follows:
    dfi lanpart nf4 mobo,
    athlon64 3200, xp90 cooler
    HIS x800xl (has arctic cooler)
    1gig of ocz platinum, 2x512mb
    corsair psu, i think around 500 watt, plenty anyhow
    got a sfx car to but i doubt that would matter.

I don't have anything overclocked so that can't be it. Been some time since i gamed but when i did ut2k4 ran fine (if this is relevant).

Anyone any clue at all as to what it could be? PS3 runs fine on my laptop with a mobile 1.87ghz cpu, 1.5gig ram, and a x700mobile gfx card.

Jozi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Disable auto reboot in system properties to see what the error is.

Also check the system logs for clues.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Here's the code i get from the BSOD

0X0000008E (0XC0000005,0XE16DA8C6,0XAB51AAEC,0X00000000)
    I'm not sure how to find problems with these codes, quick google and i read something about memory and some sort of virus (fresh install this).

I also go a mini dumpfile which i will attach.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,901 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

could this be heat related? how filthy is the inside of your machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I'd test the ram, do a chkdsk and update windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

memtest86+ is the job for RAM bashing... Google it. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Ultimate Boot CD is a very handy toolkit to run various hardware tests from (includes memtest86).

I changed some settings in bios, and now the pc won't even post :o

I'll fix it some other day when i have some more time. After increasing memory voltage a little (within warranty spec) PS got a little further before the system just locked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

There should be a CMOS reset jumper somewhere on the motherboard. That should solve the non-post issue by resetting all to defaults.

There is, just the hasle of taking the pc out etc. Want to find out what the right settings are for my mobo/ram combo, i think this might have to do with the BSOD

Advertisement