Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping carts

Options
  • 23-06-2008 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hi

I'm looking to develop a website with a shopping cart but what exactly is the procedure to getting a shopping cart. I'm told you have register somewhere first in order to get permission to set up a shopping cart. Maybe i heard wrong. can anyone clarify please?

Regards

P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Maybe your thinking of a security certificate that would be required to sell items safely via the web, I guessing your may be new to shopping websites, and it may be safer to sign up to a shopping company that will organise everything with regards to design and payments and all you have to do is add the products.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 firefix

yes i have to admit i don't know much about that. Where do i apply for one of these certificates? To be honest i have an actual designer, designing the website including shopping cart for me and he is doing it from the US. Do you think its okay to have a designer from the US designing the shopping cart for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

This may not be what you are looking for, but Mal's e-commerce is a great hosted solution if you don't want to get into the programming/scripting side of things. It is very easy to integrate seemlessly, and there is a Pro version for about €40 p/a makes it even more customisable. I've used it on two different sites, and it's working great. Check it out at www.mals-e.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

The security certificate can be purchased from your host.

It shouldn't matter where your designer is from but by picking an American designer if your business is based in Ireland you will have to inform him of the fundamental aspects of Irish Business, as a shopping cart is a business.

ie.
    Vat in Ireland is 21%
    Cost of delivery to Irish Zones.
    English spellings are different here
    Delivery Zones, counties
    Different payment systems, Lazer

There more things that you'll find when building the cart where as experienced Irish designer would of encountered these things already

• Registered Users Posts: 6,499 ✭✭✭daymobrew

You only need a security cert if your website will be accepting the credit card information.
    I set up a site that redirects users to PayPal to enter their details and then returns them back to the site. It means that no credit card info is stored on the site.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Check out www.shopify.info too

Advertisement