Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kennel size?

Options
  • 23-06-2008 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

someone I know was asking about kennel sizes as she is thinking of getting some kennels built and doing boarding as she has a few acres of land being used for nothing and she loves dogs and is very knowledgeable about them, but she hasn't got a clue what sort of size the kennels should be as all her dogs are housepets, so what would a good size for a kennel be? the runs will be about 10' long or more if necessary. they will need to be big enough for any sort of dog, up to large lab size I suppose is the average? and they will be block built.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭karlin

It would be a good idea for her to build to UK DEFRA standard as Ireland will soon be bringing in kennelling regulations and if the kennels do not meet these standards, she could not operate. There were specific proposals in draft recommendations made to the Dept of the Environment two years ago but no guarantee these will be the standard. UK standards would be be a good standard to aim for. She should also be checking out insurance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

Thanks for that :D So the kennels will need to be at least 4'x4' and runs at least 4'x20' if I did the maths right about the sq. ft. Will tell her this so and she's ringing around insurance companies at the moment. Thanks again! :)

Advertisement