Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oscommerce frustration

Options
  • 23-06-2008 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭

After a couple of days of tweaking and hair pulling I've relented and decided to put up a post (again) requesting some help with Oscommerce. The problem is this, I have Free shipping set for orders over €100 and if its below €100 then there is a shipping charge of €5. I'm using a conversion rate of 100:50,100000:0. However when the rates for free shipping (100) and the cost of postage (5) are entered there is an additional 10.4% added on somehow. This has me stumped. If you have any idea as to whats happening with this I'd appreciate the help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Tax?

What shipping module are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

As far as I can see I have all the tax radio buttons switched off. I'm using the Table Rate module.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

How heavy are your items?

Under configuration -> shipping/packaging what have you sent the maximum ship weight and percentage increase to?

How heavy are typical orders over €100? Maybe the percentage increase is kicking in?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭daymobrew

The order of the modules is important.
    When you find out which module is adding 10.4%, make sure it is *before* the shipping one so that it change the item cost, not item+shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Thanks for all the replies.

I've checked the Shipping/packing weight and set that from 10 down to 0 but no change in relation to the additional 10.4%.

@Daymobrew

I didnt realize the module order was of important. I'll swith modules off and see if there's any change. Thanks for the help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Diceicle wrote: »
    I didnt realize the module order was of important. I'll swith modules off and see if there's any change. Thanks for the help.
    That's a good approach. Also check out the shipping documentation and see if there is anything set in the Taxes area.

Advertisement