Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

converting video files

Options
  • 23-06-2008 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

I have a video clip, it is a .irv
    I want to convert it to .avi to upload to youtube.
    I found this website
    http://media-convert.com/convert/

However when choosing what type of file you want to convert from .irv is not one of the options. It .irv called something else? Searching google I can not find a converter that will convert from .irv?
    Does anyone know how or where I can convert this file to .avi
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

There is currently no converter for .irv. You can use RealPlayer to burn the file on cd then use any software to rip it to .avi. .irv file are realplayer one and so far no converter is available which can directly convert them.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Thanks,
    I also recorded this clip onto a VHS tape and converted it to DVD using a DVD recorder.
    What SW can I use to RIP the data from the DVD? What format will it be in when I do?

There are loads of programs for this, easiest I have found is DVD decrypter - nice little tutorial here

Output can be chosen, .avi / .mpg / ..etc

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Is that a free download?

Yup, give it a quick google and there are plently of download locations.

• Advertisement
Advertisement