Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**MATCH THREAD** ->TUESDAY - JUNE 24TH - 20:30 - @ COLOMBUS - Boardeaux v Ravenhill

Options
  • 23-06-2008 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭

ok,

so we are on a horrible run at the moment. we are 7th in the table and think of this, we were 3rd, 6 weeks ago and could have went second. so, its time to start winning again, yes we are missing 5 or 6 of our best players, but we still have a very good team. this will be my first game back in a month, i am changing jobs, so ill be spending less time out foreign and i intend playing 7 of the 8 remaing games. its time to start moving up the table again :)

Carl -
    Martin -
    Ed - YES
    Dan - NO (INJURED)
    Michael -
    Geoff -
    Simon -
    Cathal -
    Colm -
    Gav -
    Sav - Yes
    Shay -
    Kenny -
    Lepo -
    Art -
    Eddie(Nunu) -
    Iain (j_o_c) -

i hope to bring my mate mark along also.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

Will be along, any chance of a lift from either town or sandyford luas anyone?

Carl -
    Martin - Yes
    Ed - YES
    Dan - NO (INJURED)
    Michael - Yes
    Geoff - Yes
    Simon -
    Cathal -
    Colm - YES
    Gav - Yes
    Sav - Yes
    Shay -
    Kenny -
    Lepo -
    Art - Yes
    Eddie(Nunu) -
    Iain (j_o_c) - Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭thelepo

Carl -
    Martin - Yes
    Ed - YES
    Dan - NO (INJURED)
    Michael - Yes
    Geoff - Yes
    Simon -
    Cathal -
    Colm - YES
    Gav - Yes
    Sav - Yes
    Shay -
    Kenny -
    Lepo - Yes
    Art - Yes
    Eddie(Nunu) -
    Iain (j_o_c) - Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Why is my name in red...have I been a bold boy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Savman wrote: »
    Why is my name in red...have I been a bold boy?

Watchu talkin bout willis?

Gear tomorrow? Standard drill?

Lads, will somoene bring balls, I'm not going to have time to get near a shop that sells them.

Cheers.

say 7, told Al 7.15ish

I must declare that I have no balls.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Lifts anyone? Sorry for the constant need of a lift on a tuesday but I get a half day from work to meet with my supervisor and work on thesis so it's a pretty hectic day. When winter season comes I'll make my own way :D

Same time, same place.

Are ya sure Sav doesn't mind going out of his way to pick me up there? Maybe Keith will give me a lift?? :D so 7:15 ish or earlier?

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Are ya sure Sav doesn't mind going out of his way to pick me up there? Maybe Keith will give me a lift?? :D so 7:15 ish or earlier?

yeah, be there bout 7.15

Sav will do what he's told.

Still keeping the black man down Des? How's the cotton plantation anyway? Can we start running the Poles in to make those cheap Penney's t-shirts yet?? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

definitely need a lift to this one too. Either from town or from a luas stop

DesF wrote: »
    yeah, be there bout 7.15

Sav will do what he's told.
    Pop quiz: how long would it take to walk from Coolock to Colomba's?
    rightthere.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Carl -
    Martin - Yes
    Ed - YES
    Dan - NO (INJURED)
    Michael - Yes
    Geoff - Yes
    Simon -
    Cathal -
    Colm - YES
    Gav - Yes
    Sav - Yes
    Shay -
    Kenny -
    Lepo - Yes
    Art - Yes
    Eddie(Nunu) - yes
    Iain (j_o_c) - Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭soupie

Alright lads I'll be out tonight to watch. If you think you might be short for numbers give me a shout early and i'll shoot home for some gear

soupie wrote: »
    Alright lads I'll be out tonight to watch. If you think you might be short for numbers give me a shout early and i'll shoot home for some gear

Bring your gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

I cant make these early (8:30pm) games too easily anymore.
    All will change from next week, cant say anymore as Im in work...but should be available for all games come next week.

Carl -
    Martin - Yes
    Ed - YES
    Dan - NO (INJURED)
    Michael - Yes
    Geoff - Yes
    Simon -
    Cathal -
    Colm - YES
    Gav - Yes
    Sav - Yes
    Shay - No
    Kenny -
    Lepo - Yes
    Art - Yes
    Eddie(Nunu) - yes
    Iain (j_o_c) - Yes

Carl -
    Martin - Yes
    Ed - YES
    Dan - NO (INJURED)
    Michael - Yes
    Geoff - Yes
    Simon -
    Cathal - Yes
    Colm - YES
    Gav - Yes
    Sav - Yes
    Shay - No
    Kenny - Yes
    Lepo - Yes
    Art - Yes
    Eddie(Nunu) - yes
    Iain (j_o_c) - Yes

Mario, soupie?

Gar maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Fatmag

I'll bring a ball

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

Anyone able to pick up from sandyford luas? Looks like me and Iain are stuck, it's impossible to get to columbas without driving :/

edit: geoff is driving us, cheers!

1-1

• Advertisement

Great performance tonight guys. I know we drew but it felt like a win after the last 6 weeks of rubbish. They're not a bad side at all and we played them off the park second half. Great stuff going into next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

thought we were nervous in first half. confidence was seriously lacking, first time i have noticed this for boards. we have a long way to go to get back to the place we were around December and for a while at the start of the season, but we can do it. there was a bit of fight in the second half and that is what i love seeing. it ends the run of defeats, but we have to win next 2 games now and push forward.

we had 3 or 4 good chances to win it, but they too had 2 late chances, albeit when we had 3 at the back! alot of mistakes tonight, but conditions were tough and people were slipping/slicing clearances for both teams. fair play to both keepers who did very well in them. we defended well overall, but we got lucky towards the end, with a few sloppy clearances/passes, however their goal was a mi**** shot that just hit off their striker. however im concerned that we lost the control of the midfield. we need to work on that but suppose we are trying things.

overall, we played well in the second half, their goal woke us up, and it was good to get something after being behind, when did that last happen? overall, something to build on. the big one is the cup game on friday week now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Good stuff lads, you'll always take a draw if you've gone one down, and as Ed mentioned, it shows good spirit to be fighting back into games, just as pulling 2 back last week was. We have needed to improve on that front for a while, so that's a good improvement regardless of the result.

Gav gave me the lowdown on the phone and he had it much like Ed outlines (and he said it was a very nice finish by Ed to mark his return) and he said we had the better of it though needed to attack more directly at times. Pity not to get the win, but it's a start on turning the corner and ending the season with a strong run so fair play to all.

Had the pleasure of having the 40 staples removed from the leg today and am hoping to be able to stand with the crutches for long enough by next week to be able to come watch the game, don't lend me boots if I get tempted and start asking for them :)

Toward the end it felt like it was slowly coming together and it's the first time in a while it's felt like we were getting back to the level we were at before. As I said earlier if we started the game like we finished it we would have won comfortably. Once we got on the ball with some composure we looked like the team we know we can be and there was some really nice moves in the 2nd half.

Some errors in communication which is to be expected when new lads are being thrown in the deep end but the longer the game went on the more we got to grips with the pace and general touch etc. Saying that, they had a real chance to win it right at the death but somehow the ball hit the bar then yer man headed over from the follow up, I thought that was game over. Similarly at the other end Art came close to winning it for us but that would've been harsh on the opposition. Overall, draw was fair result considering the balance of play.

Advertisement