Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stradbally??

Options
  • 23-06-2008 1:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Good-Bad??

General feeling??

My brother is thinking of moving down due to a 4 bed house for 200k:O

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,076 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

meh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

LeahBaby wrote: »
    Good-Bad??

General feeling??

My brother is thinking of moving down due to a 4 bed house for 200k:O
    wow.

Havent been home in months. :/

Electric Picnic. that.is.all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Its an ok town.
    Like any small town tbh. Schools are good enough, good pubs to drink in.
    €200k for a house though?! Where is it located? approximately...no exact addresses if you dont want to...
    The steam rally and the concert are good events there every August.

Jesus, that used to be home...I may pay a visit and then I'll make a more up-to-date response :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭port

Very attractive price for a 4 bed!! If the house is ok and he's happy where its sited then Stradbally would be a good move.Small,picturesque,quite town with great views,located near Portlaoise and not too far from Carlow,a car would be important.Great GAA football tradition there, so if he's into the gaaaaaaa he'll be right at home.icon7.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

Stradders eh! Its a nice quiet town. Has a new Supervalu open and a new cafe recently. A couple of pubs up and down the main street.

Its only 10 mins from Portlaoise and about 15 mins from Athy.

Steam Rally and Electric Picnic festivals on each year in the town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭token56

Fairly nice little town especially with the new supervalue etc, Portlaoise is fairly close if you need anything not available in Stradbally.

Also has nice little woods just up the road for walking or picnic or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LeahBaby

Thanks everyone. I think his wife veto'd it though!!

Mossin the estate is called cill beg manor. They're just on the carlow side of town. Gorgeous house. I'd move to stradbally for 199!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Cill Beg Manor...yeah I know that estate....It's the new one out the Carlow Road.
    It was only under construction the last time I was home, but looks very nice.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Picturesque village, has got fabulous woods up the hill on the left hand side as ya head towards Carlow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

I agree with Kaimera, the Electric Picnic is the only reason to go to Stradbally...

I love the way laois people pronounce it Straaablly!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Ah its not that bad....compared to many other places Dublin especially! Nice friendly people, good local sports teams, rock of dunamase up the road, loads of forests and hill walks, lovely country drives around the sleibh blooms or out to timahoe etc, no traffic jams, id be much happier there then in a manky city :)

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Kingdom

Yeah I agree pclancy, Laois people don't seem to like Dublin, sure 15 of ye had trouble finding a blue jersey 5 yds away from each other in Croker. Must be the smog or something. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Kingdom wrote: »
    Yeah I agree pclancy, Laois people don't seem to like Dublin, sure 15 of ye had trouble finding a blue jersey 5 yds away from each other in Croker. Must be the smog or something. :D

Whah Whah Whah... well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Kingdom

Steve_o wrote: »
    Whah Whah Whah... well done.

waiting for a while for that one Steve o! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Kingdom wrote: »
    waiting for a while for that one Steve o! :D
    hush.

keep it on topic -.-

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

Went looking at those houses meself when the showhouses first opened and no one turned up. As far as I know they havent sold very many either and Id say they are on sale almost 6 months now. They seemed pretty nice and 200K for a 4 bed aint bad no matter what way you look at it. Im originally from just outside stradbally and I have to say it aint a bad little town at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 paulfogarty

Anybody know what the internet is like in stradbally? Would it be good enough for 2 people to work from home? Zoom calls, uploading files etc.. it says up to 12mbps on eir, sky, Vodafone in cill beg manor which is very slow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭roosterman71

It must be brutal. Took 13 years for that post to appear

• Registered Users Posts: 15 paulfogarty

Finally a reply! You know Bush was still president when I posted that

Advertisement