Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on qualitative data analysis tools

Options
  • 23-06-2008 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

Whilst I am not a postgrad, I thought this would be the most appropriate forum to post on, as I believe some of you may have had to make this decision, or would be interested in it…

I am looking for some advice / help on choosing a software tool for qualitative data analysis. I have never used one myself, as I have always analysed data by hand, but now I will have transcripts for about 10 hours of interviews. Whilst I am not following Grounded Theory per se, I intent to use its coding strategies. AtlasTI looks good, but the cost (I don’t qualify for a postgrad version) is excessive. The best freeware I have found so far is Weft QDA, but even then I am not sure.
    Any advice, suggestions, etc greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

As with any software, I'd say the best solution is to download as many as you can and try play with them.

Advertisement