Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefox Virgin

Options
  • 23-06-2008 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭

Doofus questions here. 'Pologies.

I need a Spellcheck for Firefox 3.
    I can't see pictures on posts.

What do I need to download?

Tanhks. ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

It should be default in firefox. Built in. Try typing something wrong in the reply box and see if it underlines it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

ist nop diong it.

Danm.

EDIT: I tried to download a Firefox spellcheck add-on (I hope I have the terms right!) but there is none for English.

sueme wrote: »
    ist nop diong it.

Danm.

EDIT: I tried to download a Firefox spellcheck add-on (I hope I have the terms right!) but there is none for English.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3366

Nope still not working. Nothing on the toolbar, and nothing appens automatically when I miss-spell.

Strange...

sueme wrote: »
    Nope still not working. Nothing on the toolbar, and nothing appens automatically when I miss-spell.

Strange...
    Very strange, it should work out of the box.

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Using+the+spell+checker

Have a read.

• Advertisement

Tseting.

No luck, I downloaded it twice and re-started Firefox. Its a pain, Firefox is so much faster, but I hate not having the spellcheck, or being able to see images, so I tend to go into IE for them, forget about it and stay there.

Thanks though Sherifu.

EDIT: Hang on its working now as I went in to edit?! Odd. I shall head over to Test, and play with it. Thanks!

No probs.

Ok, all in order!

Just need to figure out why I can't see images now. I shall investigate.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,901 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

How weird. Now Im not spellchecking. wtf?
    It only seems to be on boards.ie though. tried on the stempowered forums and its still working. both use vbulletin :confused:

edit: and how weird, it works when you edit but not when you post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Works fine here for a first post, no edit. Try right clicking the reply box where you are typing, though not on any words. You should see an option along the lines of "spell check this field".

Seem to remember I did that the first time I was on Boards after installing FF3.

• Advertisement
Advertisement