Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Instant Message Hell

Options
  • 23-06-2008 5:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 81,896 ✭✭✭✭

So, how many IM do YOU keep track of!?

Lets see. I know have to juggle Steam, Skype, MySpace, MSN, Yahoo AIM and Gmail. Its madness!

Are there any apps out there that are like yknow, One App to Rule Them All?

Myspace and Skype are already paired; gmail lets you talk to AIM (but gtalk doesnt -_-); and then yahoo and msn appear to be paired up too. But its not enough ;_;

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Don't use the others ones...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Pidgin / Trillian ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Theres a new app that covers a lot. Digsby Ive been using it for a while now and its quiet good. It does AIM, MSN, Yahoo, ICQ, Google Talk, and Jabber, as well as email and some social Networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

+1 for Pidgin.

Excellent lightweight open source app.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Digsby/Trillian/Pidgin/Meebo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,896 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

digsby looks perfect ill install it later sleep now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

+1 for digsby, very promissing client, love how they push the updates and fixes for it. Great myspace and facebook chat functions, from the blog i see skype support will be added at some stage but i suspect like most other clients it will probable need you to be running skype anyway.

The web cam functionality is a bit strange in that its handled though your web browser and not directly in the client

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

Digsby is good but it uses massive amounts of RAM at the moment. Pidgin focuses on doing one thing well - instant messaging. It now supports facebook chat (via plugin) which matches one of the killer features of Digsby.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I use Pidgin on Windows and Audim on Mac to manage AIM, Gmail, MSN, Yahoo, ICQ, they both work perfectly, only Steam will manage Steam so your fecked with that afaik :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I just use Pidgin as well, Yahoo, AIM and MSN. Simple app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

+1 for Adium on a mac. A fantastic piece of software. Very customizable and help me keep track of all my IM accounts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Digsby for me.

Shame it hogs more ram than WMP/Zune playing music.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

kaimera wrote: »
    Digsby for me.

Shame it hogs more ram than WMP/Zune playing music.
    You pay for the pretty. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,896 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

and it is pretty. Docking windows and cool popup notifications.. mm

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

pidgin using portableapps

got gmail, yahoo, msn, AIM, facebook & skype running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Pidgin lacks off-line messaging tho.

Advertisement