Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kid friendly Hotels

Options
  • 22-06-2008 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any suggestions for hotels to stay in for a family week away that doesnt cost a bomb?

Two adults & two kids, preferably a swimming pool and activites readily available??

They have never been to Donegal before so all suggestions and areas will be appreciated..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

What area you looking for? Would be worth looking into renting out a house in Letterkenny and then using Arena 7 which has bowling, childs play area, pool, go karting esp for children, nice bar and food, amusements too. You'd also have the new swimming centre which has water slides, haven't been in it myself, you could also take a day trip to Bundoran where they have waterworld there. I stayed in Bundoran when I was younger for 5 days, wasn't much to do after a few days so Bundoran for more than 2 days is a nogo..

It'd be worth going to an area at the right time too cos it's festival season so maybe if your going to an area, check out the festival guide to see whats on for kids. The Mary from Dungloe festival has lots of activites for kids during the day over the week like, fun sports day, bouncy castles, fairs, music, kiddies disco etc...

Have a look at this site http://www.irishfestivalguide.net/course.php it has festivals and accomodation on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭d-redser

As I said they have never been so they are not fussy where they end up.

I will pass on the Letterkenny suggestion but that link seems out of date.

Thanks anyway..

Any other suggestions? Somewhere that doesnt cost a bomb for 5 nights in August for 2 adults & 2 kids...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Try Ballybofey as your base. Try The Villa Rose . It's quite central so Letterkenny is 20 minutes, Donegal Town the same and Bundoran about 35 minutes. The west of the county is also easily accessible from Ballybofey via Fintown which is also about 20 minutes away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

Think Letterkenny would be your best bet by far, particularly as the town has a lot for the kids. The three hotels in Ballybofey/Stranorlar get good reviews but the towns have practically no facilities for kids unfortunately.

Its also well suited for touring with beaches and Glenveagh within 20min drive.

Most Hotels in letterkenny have good facilities and many offer good rates online, better than booking any other way.

Hotels include Mount Errigal, The Clanree, Gallaghers, Ramada, Radisson. The first two are 5min drive from town centre but have leisure centres.

The Town has Jungle king and Arena 7 as posted aboe, also a new leisure centre, lots of shopping a good town park with slides etc. There is also a Karting Centre etc.

Check out www.letterkennyonline.com for more details of the town and links to the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Think Letterkenny would be your best bet by far, particularly as the town has a lot for the kids. The three hotels in Ballybofey/Stranorlar get good reviews but the towns have practically no facilities for kids unfortunately.

Its also well suited for touring with beaches and Glenveagh within 20min drive.

Most Hotels in letterkenny have good facilities and many offer good rates online, better than booking any other way.

Hotels include Mount Errigal, The Clanree, Gallaghers, Ramada, Radisson. The first two are 5min drive from town centre but have leisure centres.

The Town has Jungle king and Arena 7 as posted aboe, also a new leisure centre, lots of shopping a good town park with slides etc. There is also a Karting Centre etc.

Check out www.letterkennyonline.com for more details of the town and links to the above.

I was thinking that the hotels in Ballybofey might be a bit more reasonable at that time of year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

you could be right on the prices smashey. I wonder does the like of the Finn Valley Centre do anything for visiting kids during the summer. I could see kids getting pretty restless without much to do. Its a shame there isn't more in the area considering you have Finn Harps and the AC centre, theres the basis for kids clubs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭d-redser

Thanks for the replies I will check them out and get back to yous!

Advertisement