Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

server

Options
  • 22-06-2008 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

hi i have a laptop in my house and one at work, the thing is i want to be able to access the laptop at home from work, but i need the laptop at work to be using the same ip address as my one at home, is there a way this can be done cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

waster81 wrote: »
    hi i have a laptop in my house and one at work, the thing is i want to be able to access the laptop at home from work
    That much makes sense, and can be done by using VNC or the likes
    but i need the laptop at work to be using the same ip address as my one at home
    What?

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭waster81

im paying for a service but they only allow me to access it from home using my home ip, if i use it from another ip address they wont allow it, just sometime i need to access it from work

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

If you connect from your work PC to your home PC ... and then launch whatever application it is, from your home PC ... there should be no problem. The session on your home PC is not changing ... you are just launching it remotely.

Bear in mind ... a lot of companies block logmein and similar sites for reasons of Information Security

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

waster81 wrote: »
    im paying for a service but they only allow me to access it from home using my home ip, if i use it from another ip address they wont allow it, just sometime i need to access it from work
    Your best solutions in this case are either 1) stop being cheap and pay what you need to for the software to work, or 2) use different software.

Advertisement