Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Bluetooth Fitting

Options
  • 22-06-2008 7:19pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭

i have a Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop, and have just bought a bluetooth module on ebay for 18 euro including postage (i have the 10 pin connector already in the laptop since new).

my question is when i simply plug in the tru 360 card do i need to update anything or will it simply start working?

thanks,
    keith.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You'd probably have to install a driver for it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

You'd probably have to install a driver for it.

cheers man, the seller has lings to the dell website with the drivers for XP vista etc etc. i was just afraid to clink on the links if i didnt need them , but i will when i have it fitted.

thanks.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You could download them now and then install them when you get the bluetooth module.

You could download them now and then install them when you get the bluetooth module.

thanks,

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180255136647&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=008

that is the link to the item i bought, the seller has a few links to driver installs and tbh i dont know exactly which one to use :o

im running windows XP, which is grand they have 2 XP driver links but 1 is 64 bit and the other is 32 bit.

is there anyway of checking which one i need to download?

If you were using xp 64 bit then you'd more than likely know. If the OS is the same one that dell installed then it will be 32 bit.

• Advertisement

If you were using xp 64 bit then you'd more than likely know. If the OS is the same one that dell installed then it will be 32 bit.

yep i havent touched the OS since i bought it so i will download the 32 bit one.
    thanks very much for your help AC :D

No bother, man. Best of luck with the upgrade.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Hop onto Toshiba's main website and download and install the "Toshiba bluetooth stack". Its the official software for the OEM module.

S.

smccarrick wrote: »
    Hop onto Toshiba's main website and download and install the "Toshiba bluetooth stack". Its the official software for the OEM module.

S.

will that work on my Dell?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

kceire wrote: »
    will that work on my Dell?

Sure- its what I put in my Inspiron 6400 (under XP)

S.

• Advertisement
Advertisement