Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard Drive Media Enclosures

Options
  • 22-06-2008 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hi

Looking for advice on these yokes.

Got an aqua plus with a 400 gb hard drive installed but it no longer connects to the tv properly - the hard drive still functions when i connect it to a pc.

Got a player/recorder on ebay with a 1 tb hard drive and the missus dropped it - in this case the media player seemd to be working but I am getting an error message that a partition cannot be found so I presume the drive is banjo'd.

I have ordered another one that will not be touched by anyone but me but I am now stuck with the other two and want to salvage them if possible.

I had a look inside both and there does not seem to anything loose or broken - has anyone any experience in repairing these things?

Is it possible to check the hard drive to see if the data can be retrieved?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

swop the hard disks into your PC and see if they are ok ..

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ZOLTAN28

Could they fry my PC though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

ZOLTAN28 wrote: »
    Could they fry my PC though?

what if you put a bad Hd in your PC .. it will fry it? if thats your question then no.

Your obviously inexperienced so be carefull or get somebody who knows what they're doing

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ZOLTAN28

I know how to swap hard drives or install new ones.

I have a reasonable knowledge of PCs and upgrades but media enclosures are new to me - if anyone has experience with enclosure/media players I would be grateful of any advice.

I know that one hard drive is working and one isn't - what I am looking for is a way of fixing the media enclosure on one device and wheter the hard drive on the second device can be retrieved.

Advertisement