Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friendly

Options
  • 22-06-2008 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭

My sat team Phoenix Rovers looking for a friendly with Boardeaux again soon if we can make up the numbers. I think they might prefer grass this time.

Turnout last time was embarrassing so no point rolling ahead unless we can get a decent team out tbh.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

It was worse than embarrassing, I think we had 6 ?!

Edit. Oh and I scored :D:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

pvt.joker wrote: »
    It was worse than embarrassing, I think we had 6 ?!
    Yeah, worse than embarrassing in the sense it was a total waste of time. Right now Phoenix are getting upwards of 20 players up training every week so unless Boardeaux can field a fairly strong side I don't see what either team can really benefit from it tbh.

Last time we said if Boards had a proper 11 it would be a good contest, and if anything things have deteriorated since then with players gone for the summer etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Friendly like this would be perfect opportunity to bring down my two mates who are interested so try get this going.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

any idea when sav? theres no point going there, unless we have 14/15 playing to be honest lads,phoenix deserve better.

in general, saturday friendlies/trainings with boards do not work, the only one i can remember going well was the beechlawn game and that was well organsied by des well in advance and as it was a special occasion, we made an extra effort.

so, sav, would a thursday night suit for example?i defo think that we could get a better team as we always struggle at weekends, people are away, playing for their own teams, work etc, so it just is not possible. it would also be a perfect chance for the likes of tusky, soupie etc to come down...martins 2 mates and my mate mark.

next week? just in case, who would be able to play mid week?

Next week may not suit me. Have to get back to ya on that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

If it doesn't suit you, it won't happen.

huh? I was just saying that I might not be able to make it. Fire ahead without me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭thelepo

Lepo will be in attendance for whenever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

same, for almost whenever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

any update sav? can they do a weekday game as opposed to a weekend?

ill be available during the week, even fridays and im sure art would be too. i could also get me mate mark to play, he will help us out on friday week if we are short and will add quality to the team for definate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Dunno why you're asking me Ed, the Rovers manager has already posted on the other thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055297413&page=3

It'll happen if both sides want it to ;)

Advertisement