Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weekly rail ticket

Options
  • 22-06-2008 12:16am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 14

started work in Dublin and tried to buy my train ticket for the week on Thursday morning told i cant only can buy Sunday or Monday weekly on these days and weekly ticket only covers Monday to Saturday

Help

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Moving this to Commuting/Transport and changing the title :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

started work in Dublin and tried to buy my train ticket for the week on Thursday morning told i cant only can buy Sunday or Monday weekly on these days and weekly ticket only covers Monday to Saturday

Help

thats rubish you can get weekly tickets there are vailid Mondahy to Sunday you can buy them in advance as i used to get my one for the next week on a friday evening in Coolmine to save me queuing on Monday with the long queue or you can get a 3 day ticket which i think can be bought any day if the week.

Irish rail are still a bit backward :rolleyes: if you live in Oslo, New York or London you can buy your weekly ticket on anyday you like and it will be valid for 7 days from the date of purchase :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

jjbrien wrote: »
    Irish rail are still a bit backward :rolleyes: if you live in Oslo, New York or London you can buy your weekly ticket on anyday you like and it will be valid for 7 days from the date of purchase :confused:
    Surely this thread isn't going to head off on a tangent as to how things are elsewhere.....again.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Umm my OH has bought weekly tickets that start from a Tuesday or a Wednesday, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭jaffa20

It's a bit stupid tbh. why don't they allow 5 day tickets seeing as most people work monday-friday:confused: They only offer 3 or 7 day tickets!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

jjbrien wrote: »
    thats rubish you can get weekly tickets there are vailid Mondahy to Sunday you can buy them in advance as i used to get my one for the next week on a friday evening in Coolmine to save me queuing on Monday with the long queue or you can get a 3 day ticket which i think can be bought any day if the week.

3 day tickets are only available inside dublin. Where is this chap commuting from? Normal Weekly tickets run Sun-Sat and they probably won't sell you this ticket early incase you chance you're arm using it for the next 3 days aswell. Why not use monthly tickets, saves a lot of bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

jaffa20 wrote: »
    It's a bit stupid tbh. why don't they allow 5 day tickets seeing as most people work monday-friday:confused: They only offer 3 or 7 day tickets!!

In my experience weekly tickets (commuting from outside dublin) usually repay themselves with 3 or more trips. Its different in dublin but you're paying nothing compared to a lot of others so i wouldn't complain.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

If your going to be here long time get yourself a monthly or yearly tax saver ticket. Will save you a fair bit of money

Advertisement