Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livery In South Dublin/North Wicklow Area

Options
  • 21-06-2008 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Okay, I have a little bit of a situation here. I have a 6yr old connemara mare who was abandoned in a field for over two years. She is recovering from laminitis, but is VERY wary of new people. We need somewhere to keep her, preferably on grass, where the owner of the land will keep an eye on her as we may not be able to see her every day. We are looking in the South Dublin/North Wicklow/Wicklow Town area. Please PLEASE try and help us as we are moving out of our house soon and have nowhere to keep her!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Since the horse is a laminitic that would rule out dairy pasture (too sweet). If you can't check every day make sure the landowner is willing to do so and knowledgeable about laminitis. Will your farrier stick with you when you find a new place.

Good luck, if you put out ads in feed shops/tack rooms you can stipulate rough grazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 mielzi

we are very lucky that our farrier is such a sweetheart and he said wherever we move he will come with us :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ferdda

i know of a guy renting rough grazing near hackettstown, suitable for a laminitic I think, pm me if you like

Advertisement