Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music Pubs in Bandon, Kinsale...outer cork city.

Options
  • 21-06-2008 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

Hey,
    My band are trying to setup one or two gigs in Cork but outside the city in the near future as we haven't played much "county" pubs.

We're looking for areas like Bandon and Kinsale for example.

Specifically Bandon, does anyone have recommendations on a good pub....anywhere with a good/regular crowd, good atmosphere etc. etc.

Any recommendations would be great.

Btw we play PopRock/Indie music.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Dirty_Diesel

There is no real music pubs in bandon anymore that would cater to your genre. The only one that do have music would be the country/irish/oldies sort of music.

Clonakilty on the other hand would have a few pubs suitable for you, De Barra's in the main street would be one.

I imagine there would be few in Kinsale too but I haven't been out there in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Brethitmanhart

Thanks alot, We might be playing De Barras in August, as we are releasing a single onto the charts then and we are just sorting out the main cities(dublin,cork,limerick,galway) dates before places like Clon.

But for July, I have contacted a pub "Biddie Walshs" in Bandon, as my friends from Bandon said it is small but has a good atmosphere...and it looks like we will play 18th July there but I have to have a look at the size of the place (for a 4 piece band to fit) first.

Do you know the place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Dirty_Diesel

Ya, I've DJ'd there from time to time. I forgot about them when posting earlier! The crowd there would appreciate your band I reckon. It a fairly narrow place with 2 floors, it might be difficult getting a 4 piece band in there though :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Brethitmanhart

Yea, The gig on the 18th July is confirmed so come along if you're around.
    I went down there and yes it is tiny, very very narrow, but we worked out a way of fitting by cutting down on the drums etc. , I'm still not 100% sure of fitting everything but atleast it will be a challenge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭treefingers

best bet in kinsale would be muddy mahers on pearse st., they have live music most nights a week.

also places like hamlets, oscar madisons, the tap tavern and the bulman would also have live music occasionally, would be worth giving a few of them a shout...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

Try
    Mac's Bar

27 Cork rd Fermoy Co. Cork(025)32608
    They be glad to let you have a gig there.
    Ask for Thomas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

Bandon hasn't got a particularly great pub scene and the few that have music are all traditional music as mentioned above.
    Debarra's certinly gets a thumbs up from me

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Cabal

I don't know how useful this is to you, but there was some kind of indie / accoustic gig on in Bandon a few weeks ago. The place wasn't a pub, I don't really know what it is, but it's got a weird name like 'The Happy Fish' or something. It's right at the junction as you come into Bandon. Sorry if that's no good to you :D

Advertisement