Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bearded dragon hatchling

Options
  • 20-06-2008 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

Hi,

I was just wondering if I could get some advice from any beardie keepers out there. My brother bought a hatchling back in May and it's thriving. My problem is that there is a possibility that he might get a position in England next year and I'll have to mind George for 3 months. But George hates me :eek:. Seriously though, I only have to open the doors of the vivarium and he opens his mouth and puffs up and hisses sort of. Is there anything I can do to handle him or at least let him get used to me. He's about 7-8 inches so I supposed he is probably terrified of me. I have read my brother's book of beardies but it's not very clear on how to get acquainted with them.

Thanks everyone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

You could try being the one feeding him? That often works with other animals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭SCI

Yep give feeding him a go,offer him a wax worm,they can't resist
    them.Other than that I would just lift him,I've never heard of a beardy
    biting and once he's out he should calm down.

Advertisement