Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Import from RSOV.com

Options
  • 20-06-2008 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

How's everyone, lads I am lookin at an AK47 on the RSOV site . I requested some info on the joule rating explaining that It has to be 1 joule or less for me to import into Ireland.I Got an e-mail from a guy called Kieth saying all of the Aegs were legal to import into Ireland and they send Aegs the whole time here, But this has a kinda high fps rate 400 to be exact. I know it will need to be limited down to 328 for skirmishing and to make it legal. Should I buy or hold off as I do not want customs siezing it. I have bought an Aeg of them before but the fps was well under the 328 limit:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

If it is over 1 Joule (328fps with 0.2g BB) then it is not legal to import into Ireland.

You can email rsov and ask them to downgrade it, but i'm not sure if they will. Alternatively you can get it from gunnerairsoft who will do a 328fps downgrade from $28 or one of our Irish retailers so that you can be sure it will be 1J compliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

i know is off topic but here goes.......

iv gotten a few bits from RSOV before and they were grand and legal but since they stopped posting via china airmail you either have to wait 8-10 weeks for delivery or pay extra to have it delivered by the likes of DHL or UPS. they normally delievry in like 3-5 days only problem is you could get stung for VAT when they show up at your door step like i did:(

Agreed, with the inability to use EMS to send AEGs over from China, unless you're getting something really big or rare then you're better off sticking with the local retailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

as far as i know though they can still use EMS to ship accessories, just not the guns.

correct me if im wrong.

seems to be that way alright, but not 100% sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

I have ordered twice recently from RSOV. Once using UPS and ended up paying VAT. And the second time with TNT and ended up paying Vat.
    These delivery companies have there own customs departments, so they will always charge VAT. So you really need to factor this in when purchasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Rooky1 wrote: »
    I have ordered twice recently from RSOV. Once using UPS and ended up paying VAT. And the second time with TNT and ended up paying Vat.
    These delivery companies have there own customs departments, so they will always charge VAT. So you really need to factor this in when purchasing.

Not exactly true, I used rsov once. Use TNT, no customs (item was cheap, but with delivery over the customs limit).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

mcgovern wrote: »
    Not exactly true, I used rsov once. Use TNT, no customs (item was cheap, but with delivery over the customs limit).

Yes this was true, I never used to pay Vat either.
    Since the Hong Kong post stopped deliverying to Ireland through RSOV, I have been hit with Vat no matter what delivery crowd I have used!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Rooky1 wrote: »
    Yes this was true, I never used to pay Vat either.
    Since the Hong Kong post stopped deliverying to Ireland through RSOV, I have been hit with Vat no matter what delivery crowd I have used!!!

Mine was only 2 weeks ago ;)
    Its luck of the draw, so you should always count in the VAT into the price you expect to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Ironbar

How much (percentage) VAT are we actually talking about ? Isn't there also a handling fee for UPS/TNT that has to be paid as well ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

as a rule of thumb i always allow 25% - it always seems to cover all the charges

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Somebody mentioned a while back that the limit was going up from like E40 to some figure much higher, what happened to that? Is it still going ahead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭fasterkayote_

Hi Brothers, ive ordered from rsov around 9 aegs and 1 of them was A n K m249, loads of magazine, batterys and accesories enough to arm 1 special forces assault squad. fortunately i never had any trouble with the customs holding my stuff, may it be sent tru TNT of EMS Post. The Import duty tax stings you if you have orders and postage cost amounting to 110 Euro and higher. Like for example my JG g36c amounting to 100 euro plus postage was exempted from duty tax ,while my M249 total cost was 200 euro arrived in 5 days and my import tax was 20 euro. Not bad as the M249 retails here in 290 Euro plus subject to availability. All chinese made aegs have 380 fps average even up to 430 fps and yes they will arrive to your doorstep ,but you need to downgrade them to 1 joule to be legal. not a problem for me as i have my own aeg painter and aegsmith. MIA and Richie of Tony G. can assist you with the downgrade service . Hope this helps. ( These are based on my personal experience open to be debated by others of higher authority)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

fasterkayote_ if you are importing AEG's into the country over the limit then you are actually breaking the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Ironbar

How is the situation when you import an AEG and you don't know what kind of fps it's got. Would you still be responsible for it or could you just say that the website told you it was perfectly legal or in fact didn't contain the specs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

How is the situation when you import an AEG and you don't know what kind of fps it's got

unfortunately ignorance is not an excuses they would still destroy it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭fasterkayote_

gandalf wrote: »
    fasterkayote_ if you are importing AEG's into the country over the limit then you are actually breaking the law.

Sir Gandalf, Technically youre right but how about mia eirsoft and the rest of importers here in ireland where they are importing chinese clones and just downgrade it here ( i assume)as eirsoft dboys m4a1 and JGs they shoot at 370s and richie t. just downgrades them,cork airsoft has a n k m249 and downgrade it to 328 spring as well. do they have special privileges as they are business establishment? Please enlighten us.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Sir Gandalf, Technically youre right but how about mia eirsoft and the rest of importers here in ireland where they are importing chinese clones and just downgrade it here ( i assume)as eirsoft dboys m4a1 and JGs they shoot at 370s and richie t. just downgrades them,cork airsoft has a n k m249 and downgrade it to 328 spring as well. do they have special privileges as they are business establishment? Please enlighten us.

No, they downgrade before they import. Any that have come through over were the fault of the sender.

Please get your facts straight before bringing the reputation of stores into question.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

our m249s come in with the spring cut down, they do arrive under the joule , however i personally dislike the cut down spring so we change them for prometheus 90 springs. (and for free might i add)

retailers dont get any special treatment.we have had stuff held for inspection by customs before. see the post in our retailer thread re: tornado grenades.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

My understanding is they downgrade them before they import them fasterkayote_.

Any Airsoft Devices that are over the 328fps with a .2g bb are illegal and it is an offense to import them whether you are a shop or not.

• Advertisement
Advertisement