Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Shaggy dog' stories

Options
  • 20-06-2008 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Have we had a thread yet on funny animal stories? There is one in the GAA section on funny GAA stories so it's just an idea...

Sure, I'll get the ball rolling...:)

I had two dogs called Dino and Muffin (we use to call him Muff for short, oh how innocent we were). Anyway Dino was a Rough Collie and Muffin was a ****zhu (he couldn't catch a break that dog) who also lost one eye in a arguement with the cat (he used to 'dribble' her around the garden and one day she decided she had enough). The two dogs used to get on well enough despite the odd ferocious row where Muffin would get the living daylights beaten out of him but still keep coming back for more (****zhu's were used to bait bulls in the olden days don't you know so they are both very stubborn and a little stupid considering the difference in size and the fact that he had no sharp teeth whatsoever).

Now and again we used to let the two of them into the front room where the would doze off to sleep in front of the fire. This is when we discovered that not only do dogs dream, but it seems that when they wake up, they firmly believe that what they dreamed about actually took place. Dino (the big dog) used to wake from a fitful sleep every so often, march over to Muffin (who was still belly-up in front of the fire) and start to tear lumps out of him. Of course poor Muffin couldn't understand it and got very upset - and wh would blame him! Imagine if you were awoken from a peaceful dream to find your wife, husband etc beating hell out of you for no good reason?

Anyway, that's my story for what it's worth - anyone else out there got any??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

LMAO here...very funny story!:D

Our cat used to torment the dog by sitting outside the front door and stare in thorugh the bit of stained glass window waitin for the dog to see her! No matter how many times she did it the amnesiac that was the dog still pelted 90mph towards the window, smack her nose of it, whereby the cat would swipe one paw down the window and walk off...this went on for many many years...the dog never learned..im sure it was the highlight of the cats day To the other cats: "c'mere watch this for a bit of craic.."!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

My brother and his wife and family were in a nasty car crash a few years back and myself and my parents had to look after there two mad black
    labrador pups 'Molly and Vincent'
    After a few weeks it became obvious that poor old Vincent had completely forgotten that Molly was actually his sister as he started behaving in an inappropiate fashion.
    Vincent had to spend a few days cooling off at a neighbours house but whilst away all the other local male dogs in the area took a great interest in Vincents twin sister Molly.
    One evening a local underage football team were coming up from a big tournament that they had won and thus a big crowd was gathered in the village.
    Oscar (one of those male neighbour dogs) called over to Molly and persuaded her to escape to see what was all the commotion in the village.
    Unfortunately by the time I arrived at the scene the atmosphere was at boiling point and I had to put a lead on Molly and wait a good 5 minutes before they were able to separate as about 100 people looked on:o:o:o:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

He he...reminds of another story somehtin similar! Where i work, we had a male camel come in that had his "man bits" split in two after tryin to have a go of his sister camel (no lie)! The poor fella had to have his bits sewn up...he was back a week later, after splittin his stitches tryin to have another go....you'd want to see the lads in the pub squirm when tellin that story!:D

Advertisement