Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell 24 inch monitor - card reader ?

Options
  • 20-06-2008 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

I have a dell 24 inch monitor , it has a builtin card reader and some usb ports but i'm wondering how to use them, am I supposed to have the monitor plugged into a usb port on my pc ? just looking at the back there is a usb connection, I'll go and buy a usb cable so, does anyone have the same monitor and is using the card reader and usb ports ?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

You'll more than likely need to hook up the rear usb output into the computer to use this functionality as only video signals are transfered between DVI/VGA etc... :D

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I have a Dell 24" monitor also and you do have to plug a USB cable from the monitor into a USB port on your PC. There should be a USB cable that came with your monitor with one end of the cable having a standard USB connector and the other end having a square USB connector. The link below shows a pictuire of such a cable.

http://www.datapro.net/products/usb-2-0-cable-type-ab.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

yea I'm pretty sure I've seen one of those around, I'll dig it out, I'm after buying a psp on adverts and I'll be transfering video onto the memory card so the reader in the monitor would be very handy indeed, thanks man

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

MooseJam wrote: »
    yea I'm pretty sure I've seen one of those around, I'll dig it out, I'm after buying a psp on adverts and I'll be transfering video onto the memory card so the reader in the monitor would be very handy indeed, thanks man
    If thats the cable any cable used for printers etc will work, its the most standard usb one :)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

MooseJam wrote: »

No problem at all. I did the same with my PSP; the monitor's real handy for things like that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement