Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow Institute of Further Education

Options
  • 20-06-2008 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Hi All,

Sorry if something like this has been posted before but I thought I would ask you all this...

I am considering going to Carlow Institute of Further Education (Kilkenny Road) to do a Holistic Studies course as a mature student. I have already applied, just waiting for the interview date to arrive.

I am not from around here, so I don't really know what the college is like, however its the only place near me that does the holistic course.

Has anyone attended this college? Did you find the teaching/atmosphere good? etc. Are there many old students (like myself) attending this college?

Any feedback would be appreciated thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

You could mention it here:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=318

The IT and Further Education are right by each other. The building itself is very small, its actually a prefab. I know people who have done similar courses to what you are planning on doing and they really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭RedXIV

My best mates gf was going to this place while i was in the IT next door. seems like a nice enough spot and she never complained about it.

I hear it's a nice atmosphere to work in.

Hope to see ya on freshers week so :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Leanan Sidhe

Thanks for your replies. I hope I get into it, as its near enough for me to travel to, plus its a course I really want to study. Fingers crossed I do ok in the interview. I bloody hate interviews...

I will try over in the other forum, and will see what they say.

If I get in, I will definately pop over and say "Hello" during freshers week :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

As this is a question regarding Carlow IT, ill move it to the forum dedicated to Carlow IT :)

Topic Moved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Gagsy

Hi All,

Sorry if something like this has been posted before but I thought I would ask you all this...

I am considering going to Carlow Institute of Further Education (Kilkenny Road) to do a Holistic Studies course as a mature student. I have already applied, just waiting for the interview date to arrive.

I am not from around here, so I don't really know what the college is like, however its the only place near me that does the holistic course.

Has anyone attended this college? Did you find the teaching/atmosphere good? etc. Are there many old students (like myself) attending this college?

Hey there just wondering if you've sorted out your accommodation yet. I have a really nice house to rent just about 15mins drive from Carlow Town. It is a 2 bed all mod cons I can send you the link on Daft if you might be interested

Cheers
    Catherine
    PS I really like Carlow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Gagsy

Hi All,

Hi All,

Any feedback would be appreciated thanks [/quote]

Gagsy wrote: »
    Hey there just wondering if you've sorted out your accommodation yet. I have a really nice house to rent just about 15mins drive from Carlow Town. It is a 2 bed all mod cons I can send you the link on Daft if you might be interested

Cheers

Catherine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Leanan Sidhe

Thanks Gagsy, but I already have accomodation.

I don't live to far from Carlow, so its easy for me drive to every morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

Ah its great crack :) there people of all again but dont become like me after 4 months i got board as to interview u will get it kinds useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dolly23

Hi All,

Hi,i don't usually post on boards but I just wanted to ask if you did the course and if so how did you find it?I've applied for it and am going for an interview on Monday.Would love yo hear from anyone who has done the course in Carlow.Thanks

Advertisement