Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I copy e-mails with attachments onto a USB Key

Options
  • 20-06-2008 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi, don't have a great knowledge of computers, have purchased a USB Key with the intention of copying some e-mails I have onto it, but cannot work out how to do this. Is it possible, if so I would appreciate any help and advice.

Thanks

Linda

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

LINDA08 wrote: »
    Hi, don't have a great knowledge of computers, have purchased a USB Key with the intention of copying some e-mails I have onto it, but cannot work out how to do this. Is it possible, if so I would appreciate any help and advice.

Thanks

Linda
    You can save certain messages in outlook etc by clicking save as in the file menu when its open, this will also save any files that have been attached I'm sure, I'f using outlook your emails are stored in *.pst files, so to backup do a all files and folders search for *.pst and back them all up :)

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

theres a right way or an easy way to do this, i favor a pst file as you can password protect it ,

j=however if all you want is the messages on the usb key with no fuss just plug in the key , highlight the emails you want to copy in the inbox or what ever folder they are and and simply drag and drop to the key. simple as.

This is assuming that you are using outlook for sending emails??????

Advertisement