Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Reloading Kit for Sale

  • #1
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭✭ bernard93


    Lads,

    I have a second hand full Lee reloading kit for sale, including a ditigal caliper and scales, deluxe die kit for 6.5x55 swedish mauser.

    The kit includes:-

    Press
    powder measure
    die set
    chamfer tool
    powder trickle
    brass lube and pad
    brass cleaner
    brass trays x 2
    kinetic bullet puller
    auto-prime primer
    Caliper
    Balance beam scales
    Ditigal scales
    ammo boxes x 4
    inside brass cleaning brush
    Powder funnel
    case trimmer
    CASE TRIMMER Cutter and Lock stud
    Lee reloading manual
    Primer pocket cleaner

    Its in very good nick and i havent used it in 2 odd years... There is plenty of life left in it....

    I am looking around £150 (living in belfast) not including postage (cause all in its heavy!)

    That comes in around €200.....

    PM me if you want snaps and i will sort them out.....

    Cheers

    Bernard


Comments



  • Bear in mind that the status of reloading in the ROI is a matter of some debate with the powers that be right now. Anyone in N.Ireland would have no such problem, of course.




  • Sparks,

    To clarify, I am not selling powder or primer and I have not made mention of that in the post.

    You are legally entitled to purchase reloading kit in ROI. I would appreciate that you do not make statements insinuating that I am doing something untoward or illegal.

    Bernard




  • Calm down bernard. If I'd thought you were doing something untoward or illegal, you'd know it because I'd have banned your ass and deleted the post. I'm making the point that people have run into problems in the ROI in the recent past because of mere possession of reloading kit (despite the fact that there's no law against owning it, some poor chap still had to go to court twice before a judge threw the case out). Caveat emptor doesn't eliminate the requirement for due diligence.




  • Anyways, any chance of some pics please Benard?
    Also is it a dedicated rifle cal reloading press.Or will it handle pistol cal as well.
    Is it a Multi Stage Or can U post the model number,and we can check it out on the LEE site?

    Confucius say."He who says one man cannot change World. Never has eaten bat soup in Wuhan!"





  • Sparks wrote: »
    Bear in mind that the status of reloading in the ROI is a matter of some debate with the powers that be right now. Anyone in N.Ireland would have no such problem, of course.
    no debate ,its illegal


  • Advertisement


  • jwshooter wrote: »
    no debate ,its illegal

    Not if you have a permit.




  • And where does one get this permit???There have been many threads,grouses, arguements,debates and flames here about aquiring such.An actual procedure in plain English,and for what is revelant to a reloader in Irish law in the 21st century would be most helpful.

    Not law revelant to storing black poder in ye olde magazine in ye Cellar of ye Castyle Forsooth!

    Confucius say."He who says one man cannot change World. Never has eaten bat soup in Wuhan!"





  • Possession of reloading kit is not illegal (despite the hassle out in bray, the court case was thrown out). Possession of primers and powder if you have a permit is not illegal. Several people have obtained permits through the C49 route, but the DoJ has now signalled that this is at an end (by saying they won't issue permits through this method any more). The actual act of reloading itself, I'm not sure about, so I offer no opinion.




  • Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    And where does one get this permit???There have been many threads,grouses, arguements,debates and flames here about aquiring such.An actual procedure in plain English,and for what is revelant to a reloader in Irish law in the 21st century would be most helpful.

    Not law revelant to storing black poder in ye olde magazine in ye Cellar of ye Castyle Forsooth!

    Unfortunately, the prehistoric law is the one that counts. It's the 1875 Explosives Act. It has been amended and interpreted by a whole bunch of Acts, SIs, and Orders. It's particularly complicated since the law pre-dates the state and it was mostly repealed in the 70s but that repeal was never commenced. The DoJ have a document explaining the legislation here: http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Genearl%20Guidance%20Notes%20-%20Explosives%20Legislation%20-%20Rev%20Mar%2008.doc/Files/Genearl%20Guidance%20Notes%20-%20Explosives%20Legislation%20-%20Rev%20Mar%2008.doc

    Here's a rough summary from my reading of that document:

    Importing the powder: The person sending the powder applies to the Minister using a form TD3 for a permit and the person receiving the powder also applies to the Minister using a form TD4. If both sides get their permits then the powder can be transferred.

    Transfer of the powder within the state: You need to use forms TD1 and TD2. The Gardai issue these permits.

    Storing the powder: You'll need to register the premises you're going to store the powder in (unless you're storing lots in which case you'll need a licensed magazine or store). See page 6 of the DoJ document.

    Actually reloading: I don't think there's anything needed for that, but I'd check with a lawyer first since the punishment is likely to be draconian. I think section 41 of the Explosives Act 1875 applies but it could be overridden by something else in another act.

    It's complicated and you're not going to get anything even approaching plain English. Given how complicated the procedure seems to be, I would advise anyone thinking of reloading to get professional legal advice. Offences relating to explosives tend to be treated quite harshly, you don't want to end up in the special criminal court.




  • IRLConor wrote: »
    Not if you have a permit.

    permit ? dont start this **** all over again


  • Advertisement


  • jwshooter wrote: »
    permit ? dont start this **** all over again

    But if it's factually correct, then it's important to get the information out there in response to questions about it.

    It's much the same as reminding those of an apocalyptic mindset that restricted firearms can indeed be licensed, lest they forget and propagate things that just aren't quite true.




  • jwshooter wrote: »
    permit ? dont start this **** all over again

    If you can find a law which prohibits reloading then I'd love to see it.

    Otherwise, please be polite in your responses.




  • IRLConor wrote: »
    If you can find a law which prohibits reloading then I'd love to see it.

    Otherwise, please be polite in your responses.

    if you can find some one that brought primers and powder in legally to this country ?




  • jwshooter wrote: »
    if you can find some one that brought primers and powder in legally to this country ?

    I don't know anyone personally. I don't have to find anyone that has done it to prove that it is legal. Even if no-one has done it, it still wouldn't prove legality or illegality.

    In fact, if you read the relevant legislation you'll find that there is provision in law for reloading. It just happens to be extraordinarily difficult to do so.




  • IRLConor wrote: »
    I don't know anyone personally. I don't have to find anyone that has done it to prove that it is legal. Even if no-one has done it, it still wouldn't prove legality or illegality.

    In fact, if you read the relevant legislation you'll find that there is provision in law for reloading. It just happens to be extraordinarily difficult to do so.

    your right the legislation is there , but the DOJ will not give out the import licence .cal ward has it bet to death every month in the digest you can get the c 49 ok from the local super but thats as far as it goes ..




  • jwshooter wrote: »
    your right the legislation is there , but the DOJ will not give out the import licence .cal ward has it bet to death every month in the digest you can get the c 49 ok from the local super but thats as far as it goes ..

    Still doesn't make it illegal.

    Impossible != illegal.




  • IRLConor wrote: »
    Still doesn't make it illegal.

    Impossible != illegal.

    thats what im saying ,till some one gets a import licence and gets powder and primers in legally save on the ink and the DOJ are in no hurry to give them out




  • jwshooter wrote: »
    thats what im saying

    Not quite:
    jwshooter wrote:
    no debate ,its illegal
    jwshooter wrote: »
    till some one gets a import licence and gets powder and primers in legally save on the ink and the DOJ are in no hurry to give them out

    From what I understand, they're not handing out the permits until they publish the new explosives legislation coming soon. They know that the legislation is a mess, so they're going to fix it. Whether they fix it in a way that is useful to people who wish to reload is anyone's guess.




  • IRLConor wrote: »
    Not quite:





    From what I understand, they're not handing out the permits until they publish the new explosives legislation coming soon. They know that the legislation is a mess, so they're going to fix it. Whether they fix it in a way that is useful to people who wish to reload is anyone's guess.
    till then whats the point harp n on about reloading regards john




  • jwshooter, yes, several people have gotten licences for powder and primers through the now-closed C49 route.


  • Advertisement


  • jwshooter wrote: »
    till then whats the point harp n on about reloading regards john

    The only reason I posted was to counter the incorrect notion that reloading is illegal. For all we know there's someone, somewhere in the country who has a permit and would like to buy the kit the OP is selling.




  • Exactly. If someone's into this and knows the score, then that's cool - the only reason I said anything at the beginning was in case someone thought that because this was offered for sale here, all the furore around reloading had somehow been resolved.




  • Sparks wrote: »
    jwshooter, yes, several people have gotten licences for powder and primers through the now-closed C49 route.
    the c49 gave you permission to have it not to import it




  • Can't say as to how they're importing it jws, never asked.




  • :
    Sparks wrote: »
    Can't say as to how they're importing it jws, never asked.

    o yes ,were moving swiftly back to my first post on this thread boys ..not this ,,,,,,,again ...ya now what i mean ,,




  • I'm not saying they did it on the sly jw, just that I don't know what forms were used. I don't doubt that it can be done, just that it's pretty arcane - the Explosives Act makes the Firearms act look like a simple, well-written piece of legislation...




  • Sparks wrote: »
    I'm not saying they did it on the sly jw, just that I don't know what forms were used. I don't doubt that it can be done, just that it's pretty arcane - the Explosives Act makes the Firearms act look like a simple, well-written piece of legislation...

    How did / have they adapted the acts up North in relation to this subject as at one stage we both shared the same legislation but ended up
    with different results. general question.




  • How did / have they adapted the acts up North in relation to this subject as at one stage we both shared the same legislation but ended up
    with different results. general question.
    not so i shot clays against and with the northern lads for years say back 96 to date they were pistol shooting and loading back then ps some of the finest sports men around


This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement