Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorola Netopia 3D Reach Wireless Adapter

Options
  • 20-06-2008 8:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Just a quick question.

I installed my wireless broadband at home last week (Eircom 2 meg line with a Netopia Gateway 2247/NWG-VGx) and it has been working fine.

However, the last couple of mornings when I have swithced the PC on it is not auto detecting the wireless network (and can't see it at all for about 10 minutes). I think the problem may be with the wireless adapter (Netopia 3D Reach USB Adapter) as the PC doesn't seem to see it on startup and I have to unplug it and plug it in again before it is recognised. The adapter also seem to be very, very hot after only a couple of minutes. Once it is connected it is fine for the rest of the day but then the next morning the same problems start all over again.

Has anyone else had a similar issue?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

doubledown wrote: »
    Hi all. Just a quick question.

I installed my wireless broadband at home last week (Eircom 2 meg line with a Netopia Gateway 2247/NWG-VGx) and it has been working fine.

However, the last couple of mornings when I have swithced the PC on it is not auto detecting the wireless network (and can't see it at all for about 10 minutes). I think the problem may be with the wireless adapter (Netopia 3D Reach USB Adapter) as the PC doesn't seem to see it on startup and I have to unplug it and plug it in again before it is recognised. The adapter also seem to be very, very hot after only a couple of minutes. Once it is connected it is fine for the rest of the day but then the next morning the same problems start all over again.

Has anyone else had a similar issue?

Have you tried uninstalling it completely and then reinstalling it? not just detaching the usb adapter? It could be a driver issue check and see if there is a new driver available for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

Yep, I have done everything. I have uninstalled the wireless adapter and reinstalled it countless times. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the router too just in case. I have updated the drivers for the wireless adapter and I have made sure that it is set to AUTO RECONNECT MODE in the Advanced settings.

Don't get me wrong, it's working fine. My PC just won't see it on startup! No matter what I do! I have tried every USB port. Once I unplug it and plug it in again it connects straight away. Such a pain!

Advertisement