Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

People who have dealt with Kerso in Scotland.

• 20-06-2008 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭

I received my 70-200L 2.8 IS today but just checked the box now after work and have found no €100 cashback form.
    Just a US/Canadian warrenty form.
    He did say there would be a UK invoice in e-mails we had exchanged. :confused:
    Has everyone that ordered from him def got a UK invoice ie a Canon Cashback form?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Does Kerso not get all his stuff from HK?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

One of the earlier e-mails he sent me.......

Hi Janer, Thanks for your enquiry.
    Prices away from Ebay are:
    70-200mm 2.8 IS 960 & 20
    70-200mm 2.8 NON IS 679 & 20
    Canon cashback available right now. UK invoice provided.
    All lenses have 1 year International warranty.

Give him a bell and find out if he will e-mail the invoice

Already e-mailed him and waiting for reply.
    We exchanged over 50 e-mails during the course of the Lens arriving to me today and when I 1st enquired about it, Mostly from my side :D
    He had a few problems via my bank transfer, he mixed it up with some Austrian guys. :rolleyes:
    Why it took 9 days to arrive I guess.

It was a basic invoice but it had the important serial number, now I got to join the dots from the Canon UK website, aahh well, suppose for a 100 bucks it's worth doing.

• Advertisement

Always worth it.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭ttcomet

There is no form to be included, you have to do it all online.

The instructions are here.

And the actual form is here.

The invoice you got form him is all you need. I claimed back and received the money for my 70-200 IS f4 already and have just put in two further claims for other bits and pieces I got from him.

If you are careful pulling off the bar code you don't have to cut the box either.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭ladgie353

A bit late probably but I ordered a 17-40 from him a while back, received it with an Invoice from Flash Camera.
    Sent the invoice and barcode from the box to Canon last week and received my 50 Euro cheque earlier this week.
    In all, 450 Euros for a 17-40, including delivery and no import worries.

Yeah, I cut the barcodes of the box, can't ever see myself needing the box anyway as I doubt I'll be selling the lens anytime.
    I'll just post of all the stuff later on today, Kerso was helpful and communication was open at all times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭JMcL

Yeah, I cut the barcodes of the box, can't ever see myself needing the box anyway as I doubt I'll be selling the lens anytime.
    I'll just post of all the stuff later on today, Kerso was helpful and communication was open at all times.

One thing I'd advise, take a copy of the barcodes, of course don't send the original invoice/reciept. The muppets (not actually Canon) who were running the rebate program last year initially rejected my application, at which point of course the original barcodes were in a PO box down in Tipp. I got it sorted eventually.

Including that, I've gotten the rebate on the 2 items I've bought from Kerso, so you should be fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

I got my 70-200L IS & Speedlite with him a few weeks back. No problems, good communicator and I received my €150 cheque from canon this week.

Nada to worry about :)

JMcL wrote: »
    One thing I'd advise, take a copy of the barcodes, of course
    Oops! already sent!! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

kjt wrote: »
    I got my 70-200L IS & Speedlite with him a few weeks back. No problems, good communicator and I received my €150 cheque from canon this week.

Nada to worry about :)

I found him great. Got a speedlite and 1.4 50mm lens. No problems at all.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Would someone mind sending me Kerso's email address. I can't seem to get through to him on Ebay for some reason.

Cheers

whyulittle wrote: »
    Would someone mind sending me Kerso's email address. I can't seem to get through to him on Ebay for some reason.

Cheers
    PM sent :)

I think he uses this one kerso1123@msn.com for asking about stuff, I think he only uses the gmail one for paying him via paypal.
    Don't forget he is in the states so it may take a while to get a reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

He's in the states?

I thought it was HK! Talk about a man of mystery! :D

ttcomet wrote: »
    I think he uses this one [email]kerso1123<(at)>msn[d0t]com[/email] for asking about stuff, I think he only uses the gmail one for paying him via paypal.
    Don't forget he is in the states so it may take a while to get a reply.

Yup that's right. I just didn't post it up in view so they don't get any spam..

nO THE ONE i USED i SENT A CHEQUE TOO, IT WASN'T PAYPAL, i ASSUME HE HAS NUMEROUS E-MAILS.
    hE IS BASED IN sCOTLAND BUT GET'S HIS STOCK IN THE us BUT YET IT COMES WITH A eUROPEAN WARRANTY.

i APPEAR TO HAVE HAD CAPSLOCK ON AS i'VE JUST LEFT SOME tf2 GAMING.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Fajitas! wrote: »
    He's in the states?

I thought it was HK! Talk about a man of mystery! :D

As far as I know he's in Scotland. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Covey wrote: »
    As far as I know he's in Scotland. :D

He is indeed!!! :D

I bought a bit or two and it was delivered within 4 days from payment

Nope, he is in the US, I think it is Maryland but not 100% sure. He ships the gear from there to Scotland and his business there sends them on.

You don't get European warranties, all you get is American warranties on the cameras and international ones for the lens's. Afaik he does not claim to offer European warranties. They do however qualify for the European discounts as they are technically sold in Europe.

I buy most of my gear from him, he offers great prices and is pretty good at replying to emails. I have never had an issue with anything I purchased from him so I don't know what his after sales service is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I got my Sigma 10-20 and SB-400 off him, and I'd deal with him again :)

I briefly spoke with him on gmail talk and asked him release/date/price for the 5D II, he said none in but to e-mail him tomms.
    Cheapest not counting Gunns (as they have no webby) thatI've found in brick n mortar shops here is Berminghams for is €2500, which is 50 cheaper then Camera centre and 100 cheaper then Conn's/

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kerso2@mac.com

Hi, Everything I sell is from Scotland. All lenses have International warranties, cameras USA warranty valid in Europe with UK invoice I provide. I am more than happy to provide a Canon price list if you want, please e-mail kerso1123@msn.com and thank all members on here who have bought from me before. Regards Ian.
    kjt wrote: »
    PM sent :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 kerso

Please contact me also on 2kerso@gmail.com

My user name on here is kerso not kerso2@mac.com that was a mistake. Ian.
    Hi, Everything I sell is from Scotland. All lenses have International warranties, cameras USA warranty valid in Europe with UK invoice I provide. I am more than happy to provide a Canon price list if you want, please e-mail kerso1123@msn.com and thank all members on here who have bought from me before. Regards Ian.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

Hey Ian, any chance of a group discount? :)
    We're big spenders on here.
    There's thread about our balance sheet around somehwere.

Sorry about that then Ian I did not know the USA warranties were valid here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Nevermind any chance of a group discount, any chance of answering email? Or do you not like people who want to give you money. :confused:

Ah well, I'll find someone else who does.

Advertisement