Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat fell out velux window!

Options
  • 20-06-2008 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

My cat Sage lives with us in our apartment for the last two yrs. Its a two-storey apartment thats three storeys up. Anyways when we had the really hot weather i opened the velux windows a crack not much in our bedroom upstairs and closed the bedroom door to keep Sage out. When my partner came home he was up in bedroom and didn't notice the windows were open cos they weren't open much and left the bedroom door open. Later that nite were watchin tv and hear a loud noise from upstairs and himself goes to invetigate then there was outright panic. The cat had fallen out the velux window! She slid down the roof and landed in the gutter. I was in bits over and insiting on calling the fire brigade to get her off before she fell. We called my dad to come with the big foldable ladder and we put it out the window with a sheet wrapped round the rungs for grip. Thankfully the cat was smart enough to come up the ladder and back into the apartment. She wasn't hurt and didn't seem to upset over her little adventure and even spent the next few nights sitting under the window miaowing for it to be opened! Just wondering if any one else had a heart stopping episode with their pets? Needless to say i have never opened the velux windows since no matter how high the temperature is!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Have 2 cats and one has fallen from first floor window 3 times(over 4 years,not regular occurrance), luckily theres a potting bench under it which reduces fall height but he never learns, Falls asleep in sun then rolls off! He's fine each time, but I'm afaid he'll get hurt. tried keeping him out when window open but with kids it's difficult. Found this thing in Lidl like a fly screen, fine nylon mesh with velcro tape you stick to window frame so you can remove it. I think it's meant to keep bugs out but works for cat, now he sleeps inside window and i have a nice fresh breeze whenever i want. I would highly recomend them and they keep flies out too!

Advertisement