Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Visa's

Options
  • 19-06-2008 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭

Does anybody know if there is a visa which allows you to work and travel around America for a year? I cant get a J-1 as im not a student and i don't want to deal with the 2 year residency rule, where you have to return to your home country for 2 years when the visa expires. I heard that applies to some visas. There is a visa which allows you to don this in Australia, i'm sure somebody knows somebody who did it. Well like that one but for America!
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭mack1

Unlike Australia there is not the same shortage of skilled workers in the US, so a visa without a company sponsoring you is pretty much impossible.
    J1, H1 and L1 visas all require comany (or government in the case of the J1) sponsorship as a minimum requirement, with others on top depending on the visa.

Not what you wanted to hear I know, but it's a difficult country to get into!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Tails

Yeah, im getting that impression! But thanks for that!

Advertisement