Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a boot CD that read ntfs and sata

Options
  • 19-06-2008 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have some dodge files that i need to delete
    They are so well protected I need to boot to another system and delete them
    So looking for boot cd which reads ntfs and sata.
    I have an asus motherboard if that revelent

Thanks
    Declan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

try EBCD ,emergency boot cd, theres linux live cds boot up linux from cdrom drive.1ST try deleting files from dos mode,dos prompt window, it usually works, when windows won,t delete them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

gamer wrote: »
    try EBCD ,emergency boot cd, theres linux live cds boot up linux from cdrom drive.1ST try deleting files from dos mode,dos prompt window, it usually works, when windows won,t delete them.

I've tried
    bartpe
    wininternals cd
    sirens

The main issue is drivers for the sata drive. so these boot cd's don't recognise my sata drive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭McSandwich

Helix Forensic Linux should do it:

http://www.e-fense.com/helix/changelog.php

• Registered Users Posts: 7,022 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Ubuntu supports NTFS by default now.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭JethroC

Try Hirens Boot CD 9.5...it's a really useful set of tools and will defo read NTFS.
    Also a great tool on it for deleting any local account password in case you can't log into a Windows OS.

Go here for it - http://www.9down.com/topic-Hiren-s-BootCD/

• Advertisement
Advertisement