Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quiz catogories

Options
  • 19-06-2008 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Was just looking for a bit of advice. Holding a table quiz in a few weeks and need a few ideas for diff topics for each round. Want a few basic ones, the usual type of rounds, but then a few out of the ordinary, something a little different.
    Any suggestions?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

Spelling. :D

One of the funniest rounds I've seen before was one where they played an audio tape of television adverts, with the product name/slogan cut out. Had to name the product.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Stealdo

Was at one recently where they had an antiques roadshow round that went down very well. The organisers had gotten various trinkets from their own/relatives houses, had them appraised by a local dealer, some worth money, some worth f-all. Teams had to guess from 3/4 (well spaced out)options what it was worth. (No point getting them to guesss between €240 and €245)

Only problem was some budding David Dickinsons wanting to run the rule over the itemsone Good fun though. for 20 minutes held up the people carrying them through the room and so the later tables were trying to look at while the question master was talking about the next item.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭jhn_noln

well theres the old favourites such as picture round (ten faces of famous people who they have to name) and the sound round! also a few quizzes i have gone to have had a written riddle round where there are ten pictures given to u and you have to figure out the saying it represents.

e.g "1234567 vampire" ..........would be count dracula!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭MB74

If it's one where everyone knows each other (eg company quiz) pictures of people when they were young is always good.

Intro's to songs is always a good one, try the intro to I don't Like Mondays is a good one, Under Pressure (not Ice Ice baby).

News of the week is always popular, you'd be surprised the amount of people who wouldn't recognise a newspaper picture from that week, me included.

For the sports people, Olympics in what city in what year, throw in a trick one like Olympics in 1922.....none that year.

I was at one a while back where they name politicians and we were asked the constituency, we all did miserable.

Some fun rounds can simple quick rounds e.g spelling etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Another good one is 'what's the year?' You call out three events from a particular year and they have to know which year it is. Obviously not massive events but things which should be somewhat memorable.
    * Sorry, just realised you probably had your quiz by now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Livvie

Probably too late for this particular quiz, but might be an idea for any future ones....we have a lot of fun with plays on words.

You get told what category the answer comes into, like country, city, singer etc. and you have to guess from a clue.

e.g. Take legal action against the desperate man. (Country)

Advertisement