Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zonealarm basic firewall

Options
  • 19-06-2008 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭

I'm getting this error when trying to install Zonealarm Basic...

zonealarmdownloaderror.jpg?t=1213888459

Can't find any reference to the error when searching.

Anyone had the same problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Did you re-try downloading? Off a different download mirror site?
    It could have been a corrupted download.

According to Download.com there are two different downloads
    for differing operating systems for Zone Alarm;

For Vista users: Here

For XP/2000 users: Here

Could you have downloaded the wrong one accidently?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Definitely had chosen the right one, but I have fixed it now.

I installed an older version that I had saved on a CD and have updated via that. :)

Now I'm looking for a free defragment program as windows 2k is not defraging my HDD properly. :mad:

There is a few out there. I use Auslogics Disk Defrag. It's freeware and very fast.

Great stuff.

Thanks KN. ;)

Was still getting problems with Zonealarm and I was thinking that it doesn't seem to be as good as the old version, so I am now trying COMODO and must say first impressions seems favourable.

• Advertisement

I never tried Comodo myself. I used to have Zone Alarm when I had XP. Now that I have Vista on the desktop and the laptop, I use Vista's built in firewall and it works perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Last time I used Comodo on Win2k, it worked perfectly. ZoneAlarm is very invasive, IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,901 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

ZA is incredibly invasive in my experience. Ive put Comodo on a machine there since the other day and it seems nicer about it all. It will ask you a lot at first but learns quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Never liked Zone Alarm, always ended up killing my internet connection no matter what I done to make it right. :( I used Comodo now and it works well.

Advertisement