Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ctrl+c and ctrl+v not working

Options
  • 19-06-2008 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭

ctrl+c and ctrl+v not working

I noticed this yesterday on my work PC.. It's not just in certain programs.. it's on them all.. even on websites.. didnt work on boards.ie just now..

I can copy and paste using the mouse tho... But it takes so long..

any ideas why it just stopped working?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

OS?

My guess would be a dodgy CTRL key on the keyboard. If you press CTRL-Esc, does the start menu pop up?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Running XP,,

when i press ctrl+ esc i get the menu pop up !! so it's not the ctrl key.. and the "c" and "v" keys are working !!...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Can you cut with shift+del and paste with shift+ins? (or copy with ctrl+ins)

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭gordonnet

does the onscreen keyboard work, (start -> run osk.exe)

another possible causes is a process called rdpclip.exe.

have you rebooted the pc

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

This happened to me.
    I cleaned the keyboard and all was well again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

Can you cut with shift+del and paste with shift+ins? (or copy with ctrl+ins)

hey! that's handy! Cheers!

I've tried both ctrl buttons and nither work... also tried shift+del/ins and they didnt work.... it's not dirty but i cleaned it just in case..

It's very funny cos it's working when i press ctrl+esc

I've also found out ctrl+z to undo doesnt work... probably more that dont work as well...

would something with the commands be messed up.. like when you are using 2 keys to try proform an action ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Could it be that an accessability feature like stickykeys is enabled? I'm not sure if it'd cause this, but it might be worth double-checking that all that stuff's disabled.
    Try creating a new user profile and logging into that... see if it happens there too.
    Any chance of trying a different keyboard?

it's a work PC cant create new profiles.. might try a new keyboard on monday !!

it's kinda mad .

gordonnet wrote: »
    does the onscreen keyboard work, (start -> run osk.exe)

another possible causes is a process called rdpclip.exe.

have you rebooted the pc

well the onscreen keyboard will open up.. But i dont know how to press ctrl+c(v) or anything, when i press ctrl and then press another key on screen it just de-selects.

Yes i've re-booted many times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

Hi:

It could be a problem with the Clipboard; alternatively it could be spyware, or maybe you should look here: http://www.castlecops.com/t162881-quot_Copy_quot_Not_Working_in_Windows_XP.html

Regards,
    Gadget.

Advertisement