Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery for Flashlight

Options
  • 19-06-2008 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Lads,

I got this: http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?products_id=931 delivered yesterday but there was no battery with it...I've looked in a few hardware shops for "3.6 Volt battery" but no joy, anyone any ideas where I could get one?

Thanks

Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Hard to say without seeing the battery compartment, but looks like it could be CR123A, these are small 3v batteries, sometimes used in camera flashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭puffmullett

kdouglas wrote: »
    Hard to say without seeing the battery compartment, but looks like it could be CR123A, these are small 3v batteries, sometimes used in camera flashes.

Fair play Kdouglas...we now have light!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

yeah tony has one of them on his 416, think it takes these batteries..,
    http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/product_info.php?cPath=35&products_id=241

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

I've converted the flashlight on my MP5A2 to run on either a choice of a PP3 9Volt battery or from the NiCad pack for the MP5.

It was a simple matter of fitting an LM317 regulator and setting for the appropriate bulb voltage. No more expensive and hard to get batteries :D

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭puffmullett

Thanks for all the help lads, I picked one of those batteries up in a camera shop & it's working fine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

google "deal extreme" and there's a shop with free delivery, I got 4 rechargeable cr132a's and a charger and adaptor, and its very cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Instead of buying additional batteries and having another set to recharge or forget to bring, in my mind it makes better sense to run of the AEG battery (via the appropriate regulator).

This is not hard at all to do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

it all depends on available space, some guns have loads and others have none, it would also be messy when switching the battery over for a divverent one or even sticking the light onto a different gun.,

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Guodian NDT

How about Li battery, I have a flashlight camera which uses Li battery for power.
    It depends on the battery pack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

Necro thread. Locked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement