Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky introduce a friend offer issue

Options
  • 19-06-2008 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

has anyone had any trouble getting the €75 from sky as payment for introducing a friend? I introduced a friend in march and 3 times they have confirmed that the cheque was sent out but still nothing.
    Getting really annoyed with them at this stage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

I've had nothing but trouble!

In introduced two for the "Free Sky+ box" and I've lost count of the amount of times I've been on the phone to them.

Amazing how the letters and cheques appear to disappear in the post coming over here. I've been promised phone calls that I've never received (last one, I was told, they got the busy signal - I informed them that wouldn't happen as it would have gone to my voice mail).

Yesterday I at last got a code to allow me to get the Sky+ box (haven't called about it yet). Still haven't got the cheque - it has to be sent by "recorded delivery" so that they make sure I get it.

It's a joke.

Best thing I could recommend to a friend is not to recommend a friend!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RastaRed

I got my 75 quid around 3 months after I introduced

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭ISOT

Thanks for the replies - my contract is up in august so they can shove it if i dont get the cheque - i will have a look at the new freesat system instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭grahamo

I took sky up on their "introduce a friend" offer in March for the free sky+ box. They lost my friends details so 3 months later I'm still waiting for the sky+ box. sent loads of e-mails and been passed from pillar to post on the phone. Not impressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

I haven't sent them any emails but I've been on the phone pretty regular chasing them.

At one stage the guy I was talking to said it was crazy how long I'd been waiting etc. and did I want the address where I could complain to, that I might be able to get some compensation for it.

Here's the address.

Jackie Gordon
    BSkyB
    1 MacIntosh Road
    Kirkton Campus
    Livingston
    EH54 7BW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Trampas

I got mine.

took longer than what they said but arrived in three or four weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

ive referred a friend there today, they are due to be installed friday week.

when do i ring the seperate number to give them my contract number and my mates contract number? before or after they are installed..??

one last thing, how long generally do they take to send out the cheque?

BArra wrote: »
    ive referred a friend there today, they are due to be installed friday week.

when do i ring the seperate number to give them my contract number and my mates contract number? before or after they are installed..??

one last thing, how long generally do they take to send out the cheque?

Well I am still waiting for mine ( installed in early march) and have been assured that it has been sent out on 3 seperate occasions. I have to ring back tomorrow if it has not arrived.
    you ring the special number after it has been installed, but they will probably tell you that they wont issue the cheque until after your new subscriber has paid their first bill.
    hope you have better luck than me !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭channelsurfer

any1 got spare refer a friend vouchers? wouldnt mind taking up the sky+box but I am a previous customer so wouldnt be a new customer. Dont know if that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

dont think u get a free sky+ box when you were referred by a friend anymore, so it seems theres not a lot of incentive for the person getting sky in..?? unless u wanna get ur friend a 75euro cheque from sky of course :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

BArra wrote: »
    dont think u get a free sky+ box when you were referred by a friend anymore, so it seems theres not a lot of incentive for the person getting sky in..?? unless u wanna get ur friend a 75euro cheque from sky of course :pac:

thinking of changing from upc to sky and was thinking of availing of this offer. On the english site both parties receive the money but the irish site it's just the referee. bull****!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭rovingrover

It's a nightmare. Seems to be a scam to me. 7 months still no vouchers.

Jan promised in 28 days (my sister was isntalled no problem).

April - sorry mixup - send in 28 days

June - oops we left a voicemail in april (no voicemail on my home phone) no explaantion as to what was in the vm and as to why they didn't send out the vouchers.

July (2 weeks ago) - rang Sky to cancel my sub - explained why they reduced my monthly fee by 15 euro for 3 months. Promised to call back with a day but still haven't.

I thin kthey just won't send out the vouchers unless you really really pressure them.

It's a scam and they should really do away with the offer.

It's a nightmare. Seems to be a scam to me. 7 months still no vouchers.

Jan promised in 28 days (my sister was isntalled no problem).

April - sorry mixup - send in 28 days

June - oops we left a voicemail in april (no voicemail on my home phone) no explaantion as to what was in the vm and as to why they didn't send out the vouchers.

July (2 weeks ago) - rang Sky to cancel my sub - explained why they reduced my monthly fee by 15 euro for 3 months. Promised to call back with a day but still haven't.

I thin kthey just won't send out the vouchers unless you really really pressure them.

It's a scam and they should really do away with the offer.

same for me - rang today again - now it is going to be 5th of august because "the cheques keep coming back from my address"
    total rubbish.
    when i ring again in august i will tell them that i am going to cancel the sub to see what happens.

Advertisement